Old 01-06-2008, 09:12 AM   #1
1 Rivet Member

Las Vegas , Nevada
Parrallax 7355 problems

Hello everyone. I am new to the forum. I have a 2006 16ft Bambi CCD. Love it. I have one of my first questions and thought I would start a new post to ask it.

I understand that the electronic component under the Bambi's road-side dinette seat is a WFCO 55 amp converter/charger. It turns 12v into 110v while unhooked from shore power (through the "other" normal looking wall outlets). And, it charges the battery while "in-flight" (while connected to the tow vehicle through the 7-way wiring connector.

Then, under the bed on the curb-side of the Bambi there is a Parrallax 7355. This distributes 110v while connected to shore power (to the AC, regular wall outlets, etc), and it charges the battery, and it provides 12v to all of the 12v lights, etc.).

To make a long story short... lately, while plugged into shore power, as I roll on 12v lights, appliances, etc. things get dimmer, and dimmer. When the heater kicks in, the lights go dim for a second and then come back to normal. The battery does not seem to be charging correctly either.

If my understanding is correct, the Parrallax 7355 does not need a battery to operate, so I am assuming that, unlike the WFCO converter/charger, the 7355 is converting... I mean "inverting" the shore 110v to 12v for all of the 12v lights, etc. and trickle charging the battery? This isolates the actual battery from my problem?

So, I just purchased a 7355 lower unit and I am hoping this will solve the problem.

I just saw a thread where someone pulled out the 7355 lower unit and replaced the guts with a Progressive Dynamics converter/charger. Maybe I should have gone this way.

Anyone, please chime in and validate my thinking on this stuff. If you can make sense of my rambling. Thanks.