Just bought an '85 Sovereign
mid-bath, 29 foot. I'm keeping it at work, plugged into shore power and stay in it 1-2 nights per week (my work is 80 miles from my home).
Late last night I noticed the 12V
lights were getting dimmer and dimmer, and on the panel I got no indicator at all when I hit the "Battery Status" switch. 120V outlets work fine. Before I went to sleep I shut off the 12V
entirely, and this morning the 12V
lights are bright again.
Since I am but a civil engineer and nowhere near smart enough to be an electrical engineer, I put 2+2 together and assume the following:
1. The shore power is charging the batteries
2. The batteries are then powering the 12V circuits
3. (Drum roll please) - the 12V circuits are draining the batteries faster than the shore power can charge them.
Are the above assumptions correct? And (again out on a limb) I assume that this should not be happening, so what might be the culprit and where should I start troubleshooting?
FWIW I have no idea if the PO ever replaced the convertor or if it is OEM.