Old 08-30-2015, 01:34 PM   #1

2007 28' Safari
edmonds , Washington
locating inverter

Could someone tell me where the inverter would be located in a 2007 Safari 28? I see a on/off for an inverter below the monitor panel & battery status panel but am not getting any response when pushing the on/off button for inverter. Perhaps my trailer did not come with an inverter even though there is an on/off button?
Thanks!

Old 08-30-2015, 01:59 PM   #2
Rivet Puller

2003 28' Safari S/O
Marietta , Georgia
The answer to your question is varied. It mostly depends on who installed it. If you have the electrical knowledge, start at the fuse panel and follow the wires. The fatter wires should lead you to the converter as well as the inverter. Likewise, you can usually trace the wire from the batteries back to the inverter.

Another investigative direction - are you checking the appropriate outlet(s)? Not all 110/120 outlets will be supplied with power when the inverter is functioning. You may need to test every outlet to discover which is operating off the inverter and not shore power. A hint, but not necessarily always accurate, is to look for single 110 outlets rather than the double outlets.

A third possibility is the switch isn't for an inverter, but some other accessory like the water pump or water heater if the panel is wired like mine.

Old 08-30-2015, 04:46 PM   #3
Rivet Master

2006 23' Safari SE
Lexington , Kentucky
My inverter is in the same end of the trailer as the 110 inverter outlets and battery box; the front. Under the cushions of my L-couch is an access hole cut into the plywood. I think the inverter has to be within 3' of the battery box.

My inverter has 3 positions: On, Off and Remote. It will start from the remote switch only if the switch on the inverter is in the Remote position.

Rich & Yvonne
2006 Safari SE -Dora-
2004 4Runner SE

richw46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2015, 05:43 PM   #4
Rivet Master

2012 28' International
Issaquah , Washington
It should be under your L sofa just forward of the water heater. There's probably a trap door forward of the hole to access the water heater bypass. If you open that door you should be able to access the inverter.

2014 Ram 2500 CTD
Pro Pride
Centramatics
daveswenson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2015, 06:19 PM   #5
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari FB SE
Spokane , Washington
My inverter is under the bed.

I can activate mine through a wall mounted switch that is located in the galley just to the right of the stove. As previously mentioned, the inverter powered outlets are different from the regular outlets. I have one next to the television and one under the dinette table.

I don't turn anything on at the inverter. I just push the button on the wall to activate it. Hit the button again and it is off.
Old 08-30-2015, 06:22 PM   #6
Rivet Master

2006 23' Safari SE
Lexington , Kentucky
Quote:
Originally Posted by aftermath View Post
My inverter is under the bed.

I don't turn anything on at the inverter. I just push the button on the wall to activate it. Hit the button again and it is off.
My inverter has a 3 way switch. Off, on and remote. If it's not set to remote the wall switch won't work.

Rich & Yvonne
2006 Safari SE -Dora-
2004 4Runner SE

richw46 is offline   Reply With Quote