Old 02-18-2007, 07:19 AM   #57
3 Rivet Member
1975 Argosy 28
Vintage Kin Owner
Anderson , South Carolina
another great thread

This thread is pretty useful stuff, maybe a little to technical but great food for thought. Don't want to hijack a thread but I found it helpful.

Nick & Holly
1975 Argosy 28 Rear Bath 1963 Shasta Airflyte
2008 Toyota Tundra Double Cab SR5 5.3L 4x4
"We've got PBS minds in a MTV world" J.B.
GoNomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 06:11 PM   #58
1975 25' Tradewind
Crossville , Tennessee
Originally Posted by markdoane
I think the answer is yes. Look at the different charging algorithms in this paper.

What the algorithm should be for your batteries is a question for your Concorde dealer, or contact their tech support group. I would think a Trace Inverter/Charger should be able to do anything you ask it.
Yes, I'm pretty sure the adjustments will let me use whatever settings I need. I'll try contacting Concorde as you suggest.

tincantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 01:24 PM   #59
Airstreamin' in Canada
1973 27' Overlander
Waterdown , Ontario
Originally Posted by Jim & Susan
There's a picture of mine here:

The Battery box sits directly below the Univolt, which is all sitting under or more correctly, behind, the shower. The battery box looks to be fairly well sealed at time of manufacture, but is by no means completely airtight.

I have the same setup on my '73 Overlander. I finally went back to take a look at the battery compartment last weekend, and discovered that the framing holding the compartment up has rotted. Any battery in the battery compartment would be held up only by the door and the outside skin. Unfortunately, the door to my battery compartment was held on by 2 rivets, as all the remainder had popped.

My original battery compartment is not vented to the outside either. Well, at least not intentionally.

I cannot, in any state of mind, see using that compartment to hold a battery again, as it is right below the shower. And it is not vented. And the door and skin are in poor condition.

I think I am going to look into putting the battery in a box under one of the bunks. I found a trailer battery box similar to the white one pictured earlier in the thread. It was $15, and is vented on the top and the bottom. Drop the battery in, hook up the venting, and secure the box down. The parts counter at the rv dealer claimed that it will meet code.

It is a big concern for me as we have small children, and I want to make sure it is safe for safety's sake.

mlang905 is offline   Reply With Quote