Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-21-2019, 06:37 AM   #41
3 Rivet Member

2017 26' Flying Cloud
Moss Point , Mississippi
The wiring schematic may show rough location...
Dave-n-Janet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2019, 08:59 AM   #42
Rivet Master

2019 30' Classic
Belen , New Mexico
The drawers are easy enough to remove and put back. There is a latch on each side on the bottom. Open the drawer, squeeze the latch and then move the slide back in about 1/2 inch to disengage it from the drawer. Then just lift the drawer out.

use a flashlight and see what is mounted under the floor.

places to look are the drawers under the sink, oven, microwave and fridge.

In the 30', the inverter is under the microwave. The ZipDee controller is under the sink.

About the only thing the manual showed the position of was the water pump (under the fridge) and the Alde (under the front dinette seat. Everything else I found by just taking an afternoon and removing drawers to see what was where.

The hardest was under the stove/oven. Since we opted for the oven, there is no drawer under it, just a door with a 4" deep shelf. When I ran water/power cross body for the RO unit, I had to pull the oven to gain access to the cross body channel. It was obviously designed to do that. I removed 6 screws and all of the connections (electrical & gas) had long enough cables to remove the oven and set it on the floor out of the way while I worked under it.

The trailer was well thought out in that respect. it turns out that the converter is easier to access from the oven area than it is from the closet area.

The fridge obviously has a space behind it where you have to pull the fridge to access it. I'm quite positive there is a bunch of electrical equipment (having to do with the czone control) back in there because I can't find it anywhere else. I just haven't needed to access that area yet.

I'm getting read to install an EMS unit and some Ham radio equipment and may need to access that area just to run cables, but I'll wait until I need to.
Ephraim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2019, 10:07 AM   #43
4 Rivet Member

2020 25' Globetrotter
Los Gatos , California
Looking for simple 110 source while boondocking when I can’t run gennie. Only need for TV, sound bar and coffee perk in morning. Yeti looks perfect but how to charge it. One suitcase solar, 100 watts, plugs into 7 pin so seems best way to charge is a second suitcase and have Yeti locked inside as we are out hiking.

Camping a week so possible with minimal use it can wait for charge when towing or if I am at campsite on sunny day and run solar to it then. Don’t want to get too complicated or add roof solar

Sound right? Just need Yeti and solar controller?
Garfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2019, 06:57 AM   #44
Half a Rivet Short

2017 30' Classic
2022 Interstate 24X
Carlisle , Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garfish View Post
Looking for simple 110 source while boondocking when I can’t run gennie. Only need for TV, sound bar and coffee perk in morning. Yeti looks perfect but how to charge it. One suitcase solar, 100 watts, plugs into 7 pin so seems best way to charge is a second suitcase and have Yeti locked inside as we are out hiking.

Camping a week so possible with minimal use it can wait for charge when towing or if I am at campsite on sunny day and run solar to it then. Don’t want to get too complicated or add roof solar

Sound right? Just need Yeti and solar controller?
Hi

If the Yeti is going to do other things for you (like get used at home in some way) then sure. If it's just for the trailer, you can get into roof mounted solar for roughly what it will cost you. Having solar to trickle charge batteries while you are in various sorts of storage is a really good thing .....

Bob
uncle_bob is offline   Reply With Quote