ok. today was an experience. went up after church and hooked up the generator. plan was to begin the clean up and move in process. Pics of the inside here fyi:
regarding the electrics...plug in to the gen and turn stuff on...its cold out so we crank up the furnace...experience will teach me that when you are hooked up to AC Power and your lights flicker, you probably aren't charging the batteries...
I went and pulled both batteries after relaxing for a few and one read 8.6 and the other read 12.5 VDC. Scratching head...
No matter what I did I could NOT get a 14.3+ reading indicating that the batteries were charging. I ran the tv and the vac and we def were getting 120 VAC but nothing happening with the converter...just sucking down my batteries.
I then realized that the GFCI breaker in the beadroom was tripped...how did that happen? I had to reset this last time I was up working on stuff...hmmm.
I reset the breaker and voila, everything starting working again and I was able to get a positive charge on the batteries. Interesting that the converter is in that circuit? Is that normal?
Mystery concluded I guess....it was raining and I was so happy to have "solved" my problem that I didn't bother taking a bunch of readings on/off power...I was just happy to see 14.3 and charging.
Any thoughts on the GFCI circuit tripping?