Old 08-19-2015, 09:35 PM   #15
Rivet Master

2006 23' Safari SE
Lexington , Kentucky
If these aren't clear send me a private message and I'll try to send them that way

Rich & Yvonne
2006 Safari SE -Dora-
2004 4Runner SE

richw46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 09:53 PM   #16
Free Range Human

2012 25' FB Flying Cloud
Currently Looking...
Twin Rocks , Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArlinV View Post
Hi,

I'm new to the Airstream world, having recently purchased a 2013 31 Classic with solar and 600w inverter packages. The trailer was a consignment, and although they made significant money on the sale the dealer has been no help so far. The inverter panel does not appear to be working. Whether I'm plugged in, or not, I am unable to get any response to the on/off "button". Looking under the sofa I see green and red lights on the inverter itself. I have tried the switch on the inverter, and the lights go off/on but nothing on the panel. I cannot locate a manual in the package of paperwork I received, so am unable to check proper operation. The Airstream owners manual is extremely brief in discussing the inverter.

I'm looking for any help that might be available. The dealer tells me they have called the factory, and were told it is either on or off. I'm not sure what that means in regard to the switch working or not.

Have you plugged a device into one of the outlets. On our 2012, we had the light go out on the control, but the inverter was still working.

Old 08-20-2015, 08:39 PM   #17
2 Rivet Member

2013 31' Classic
Simpsonville , South Carolina
I thank all of you for your help. I think I understand the operation now, and need to get back to the trailer to verify. The plan was to go back on the day after Labor Day, but that may change tomorrow. We are scheduled to host beginning Sunday at Palmetto Cove. Our motorhome is in the shop again, and was supposed to be ready today or tomorrow. It's not looking good, and we may go pick up the trailer on Saturday. Bad news, and good!
Old 08-20-2015, 08:47 PM   #18
2 Rivet Member

2013 31' Classic
Rich,

Thank you very much for the link. Makes it a lot easier to visualize.
Old 08-20-2015, 08:49 PM   #19
2 Rivet Member

2013 31' Classic
Quote:
Originally Posted by richw46 View Post
If these aren't clear send me a private message and I'll try to send them that way

Rich,

Thanks for taking the time to post the pictures.
Old 08-22-2015, 07:52 PM   #20
2 Rivet Member

2013 31' Classic
Just wanted to let everyone know that we had to pick up the trailer yesterday, so while we have it at home I tested the inverter. It was, in fact, in the "Power On" position. I was able to flip the switch down and get the remote panel to work. Thanks to all for your guidance.