Originally Posted by yochanan
I have a 72 Tradewind that I suspect had a Univolt failure last night.
I was running a heavy load, including microwave, plug-in heater, tv and vcr
when I reached up to crank on the overhead fan....blackout...(except for battery power)
Anytime I've caused an overload before it has been a popped breaker on my trailer pad, hookup.
Not this time.... source is still hot.
I opened the Univolt door and the end plate with the knob and all fuses look good.
What probably happened?
What is best replacement unit, if needed.......?
Thanks for any of your short and longwinded answers... I welcome them ALL!!!
Your microwave, TV, electric heater and VCR, have nothing to do with your "univolt."
Those are strickly 120 VAC appliances.
Fuses that "look good" can be bad.
Using a voltmeter, check the input to a fuse clip, and the output of a fuse clip.
DO NOT, check just the fuse.
When you check the fuse clips, you are also checking the connection between the fuse, "and" the clip.
Post back what you found out with that test.
Also please check your 120 VAC, circuit breakers, carefully.