Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-18-2009, 09:14 PM   #1

Cleveland , Texas
Help!

Hi

I have no clue on how to use this thing. I have recently bought a 1983 31ft. Silver Streak Avion (3111) and it needs a lil TLC any ideas on where i may find any parts needed or maybe instructions on how to hook the electricity up in it? tried plugging it in this evening its a 30 amp but bought a converter plug that your supposed to be able to plug into any house plug and should work. Well i plugged it in nothing happened any ideas?

Thanks
Colton Bowen
coltonrb2004@yahoo.com
coltonrb2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 05:38 AM   #2
Rivet Master

1977 31' Sovereign
1963 26' Overlander
1989 34' Excella
Johnsburg , Illinois
Take the trailer to your local RV service dealer and have him take a look at it. He should be able to give you some personal tips while going over the trailer. The $100 you spend for an hour and a half of personal instruction can easily avoid hundreds of dollars of repairs you might need because you did something wrong.
dwightdi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 05:45 AM   #3

Vintage Kin Owner
... , ...
Welcome

Hey Colton,

We're glad you are here with us.

Can you clarify your make and model?

Maybe even post a photograph or two. I

Using an adapter to go from 30 amps to 15 or 20 amps will work, but there are significant limitations to bottle-necking the power feed like this. The lack of power at this point could be a result of several things.

dwightdi's suggestion is a good route for you, or invite a very knowledgable RV friend over for burgers and beer.

Regards,

Kevin

"One of the best lessons I've learned is that you don't worry about criticism from people you wouldn't seek advice from."

William C. Swinney

Kevin245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 10:11 PM   #4

Cleveland , Texas
Its am Avion Silver Stream 3111 Supreme Year 1983 length 31ft

Havent got any pictures taken yet. But did find the problem with the power. It was a simple fix, previous owner had left one of the battery cables off and forgot to tell us. So far everything i have turned on has worked except the water heater and the fridge.

Thanks for the Help
Colton
coltonrb2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 10:20 PM   #5
2 Rivet Member

1974 31' Sovereign
Bend , Oregon
Elixir 60 amp converter / charger

I'm also in the market for a new converter / charger. Does anyone have any comments on Elixir 60 amp converter?
Thanks derf
derf is offline   Reply With Quote