Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-17-2016, 07:13 AM   #1
3 Rivet Member

2020 30’ Globetrotter
Ramara , Ontario
Has anyone tried a Kisae/Abso Inverter?

I was following another thread and my interest started to take the thread off-track a bit so I'm starting a new one...

Sometime NEXT summer I plan to ditch the single stage convertor and Flooded Lead Acid batteries and will upgrade to Stark AGM batteries and some kind of Multi Stage Charger. I am leaning towards a 2000W Inverter Charger as it seems to make the most sense if you want to be able to use your TV and Microwave when not near hook-ups.

I have looked at the Magnum units and they look like the unit to get if you were looking for a 2000W inverter but I am hesitant to shell out the $$ for the Magnum. I have also been looking at the Kisae Abso Sinewave Inverter-Chargers that sell for significantly less $$ than the Magnum and yet seems to be able to do it all. The service trucks for the place I work are using the Kisae to power everything from tools to whole sites full of communication equipment and in 2 years we have not had one failure.

Of course, using an Inverter in a service truck is not going to be the same as in an RV so I am wondering if anyone here has had any experience with the Kisae products? I am specifically looking at the Kisae IC122055.

I plan on adding ~200W of solar at a later date, not sure if this makes any difference in the above question but if it does please let me know.

Also, are there any other 2000W Inverters out there that you would use or NOT use?

Thanks,
Kevin
KSA63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2016, 08:22 AM   #2
Overland Adventurer

1991 34' Excella
2009 34' Panamerica
Telluride , Colorado
I am using the 2000watt Kisae inverter which replaces a failed Xantrex with horrid customer service.
I have very little use time but so far it seems to outpower the Xantrex

Initial observations are that the Kisae out weighs the former and will run everything in my coach. It will start and run (briefly) my Penguin AC.
Well see how long it lasts! All the research I did indicates most are pretty happy with their products.
AtomicNo13 is offline   Reply With Quote