Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-02-2016, 05:27 AM   #1
1 Rivet Member

2016 23' Flying Cloud
Kansas City , Missouri
Fan noise/battery drain

I am a newbie and need some help. Yesterday I had a trailer company install a backup camera system. The system includes the camera unit and a router. It appears that the installer failed to get juice to the router as I see no indication that the router is active.

He attempted to install the router at the front of the trailer and tapped into the panel under the bed (2016 AS FC FB). Now I also hear what sounds like a fan noise which has me concerned that the battery is draining. I think the fan noise is coming from the converter unit but I'm not sure. I hear it run constantly even after I depress the battery disconnect. Any ideas about what is going on?
KCsilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 04:28 PM   #2
4 Rivet Member

2015 27' FB International
Howard , Ohio
Sounds like your inverter is operating. There is a push button on off switch on the front. If it is in the "on" position the inverter will run continuously. If there are no AC loads applied the drain is not huge but enough to run your battery down. The inverter is in the compartment at the front under the bed - access from the outside. You will probably need to remove the panel on the left of the storage compartment to access the inverter.

Before you do that make sure the inverter remote switch in the galley is not "on" (green light). If it is try pressing it once. This switch will do nothing if the main switch on the inverter is in the on position. If you are lucky the inverter will switch off.
Ohiobrits is offline   Reply With Quote