Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-28-2014, 09:31 AM   #1
2 Rivet Member

1977 27' Overlander
Cumming , Georgia
External Battery box by Torklift

Hi guys,

I have had a couple of issues with my 1977 Overlander and the batteries. The batteries i have are just a smudge too large for my original battery boxes on the interior. You have to give the battery door a little nudge to make it close and latch. Well, now the door to the compartment is pulling loose from my trailer. Instead of just fixing what's there I have been considering adding extra batteries in a future project.

Well, I have done some research and I have decided to purchase the Torklift Powermax

(PowerArmor - The Locking Storage / Battery Box)

This options lets me hold up to five 12 v Batteries, and gains extra interior room by eliminating the inside storage of the batteries.

I was curious if anyone had any input, or recommendations etc. I have found a good price on it from Dyer's RV and managed to get free shipping as well.
Rofkrynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 10:11 AM   #2
Rivet Master

2009 23' FB Flying Cloud
Canmore , Alberta
Can you let us know the price that you got on the large PowerArmor box? I'd like to find something that would comfortably fit four 6-volt T105 batteries.

Many thanks, Bob
TinTin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 01:51 PM   #3
2 Rivet Member

1977 27' Overlander
Cumming , Georgia
Well, They come in several sizes, the one i chose is the largest one.

TorkLift PowerArmor Max Locking Battery Box for Trailer Frames - 6V Batteries - Black Aluminum Tork Lift Accessories and Parts TLA7710

The Etrailer site above site had the best price and offers free shipping, but didn't have the color listed that i wanted. I contacted them via phone and talked to someone gave them all of my information and they said they'd get back to me…I haven't heard from them.

So after more searching I found Dyers RV in AZ.

TorkLift Power Armor Max 6V and12V Battery Box - Batteries Boxes & Accessories - Battery Supplies - Electrical

Their price was comparable but was gonna be $47 for shipping…and they didn't have them in stock yet, "because it a new item" etc. But after a few minutes of conversation. Jordan contacted Torklift directly, had them drop ship the box to me, and matched the "free shipping" from the Etrailer site.

Hope this was helpful
Rofkrynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 03:24 PM   #4
Rivet Master

2009 23' FB Flying Cloud
Canmore , Alberta
Very helpful, thanks Rofkrynn!!
TinTin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 10:12 AM   #5
2 Rivet Member

1977 31' Sovereign
Atlanta , Georgia
Did you install it? Picture? Any issues?