Originally Posted by jesus mike
I am working on my 70 overlander and my interior lights arent working. My plug in sockets work but not the lights. Do I have to have a battery hooked up in order for those lights to work? I changed the fuses that were blown in the univolt but still nothing. The univolt may be dead as well, but Im not sure if i should hook a battery up or not. I also put in new circuit breakers. Its plugged in to my house outlet and like I said all of the outlets in and out of the trailer work. Thanks for any help.
You do need a battery connected to a Univolt for it to function properly. This is not necessarily the case for a modern electronic switch-mode converter.
I would suggest you invest in one and dump the Univolt. It's time has come and gone!
Both you and your batteries will appreciate the change.
Check with Randy (68 Overlander) at Best RV supply. He can guide you with your selection.