Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 06-17-2013, 08:47 AM   #15
3 Rivet Member
 
2004 25' Safari
Laramie , Wyoming
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 192
Quote:
If not, do any of your wall outlets have a small blue label on them? Especially near your television(s)?
No, no outlets with blue lables, so I am guessing that I don't have any 12 volt outlet. I do have a unusual outlet that is where my cable for the television plugs in. Just above the cable there is what looks like a 12volt outlet(1" wide and round)that says voc 8 amp max on it. I am assuming that it has something to do with the boobtube.
__________________

__________________
mgap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 10:33 AM   #16
Moderator
 
DKB_SATX's Avatar

 
2017 26' Flying Cloud
1976 Argosy 28
Alamo Heights , Texas
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 6,401
Images: 1
Blog Entries: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgap View Post


No, no outlets with blue lables, so I am guessing that I don't have any 12 volt outlet. I do have a unusual outlet that is where my cable for the television plugs in. Just above the cable there is what looks like a 12volt outlet(1" wide and round)that says voc 8 amp max on it. I am assuming that it has something to do with the boobtube.
That round thing is a 12 volt accessory outlet. You can plug in things like cell phone car chargers and if you find a 12-volt flatscreen that would probably be more efficient than having an inverter powering a 120-volt TV anyway.
__________________

__________________
David

Zero Gravitas 2017 Flying Cloud 26U | Il Progetto 1976 Argosy 28 Center Bath | WBCCI# 15566

He has all of the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire. Sir Winston Churchill
DKB_SATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 06:09 PM   #17
3 Rivet Member
 
2004 25' Safari
Laramie , Wyoming
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 192
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKB_SATX View Post
That round thing is a 12 volt accessory outlet. You can plug in things like cell phone car chargers and if you find a 12-volt flatscreen that would probably be more efficient than having an inverter powering a 120-volt TV anyway.
Thanks for the information. Hmm I wonder if I could plug my laptop computer in for a charge on that one?
__________________
mgap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 06:21 PM   #18
retired USA/USAF

 
2001 30' Excella
Somerset , New Jersey
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 2,156
I just looked at the charger for my Mac-book. It says 15 amp. but that's through a
130-240 v outlet. If you have a 12v charger check what the draw is. It might work.
__________________
Roger in NJ

" Democracy is the worst form of government. Except for all the rest"
Winston Churchill 1948

TAC - NJ 18

polarlyse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 06:46 PM   #19
Moderator
 
DKB_SATX's Avatar

 
2017 26' Flying Cloud
1976 Argosy 28
Alamo Heights , Texas
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 6,401
Images: 1
Blog Entries: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by polarlyse View Post
I just looked at the charger for my Mac-book. It says 15 amp. but that's through a
130-240 v outlet. If you have a 12v charger check what the draw is. It might work.
Magsafe output should be 85 watts... which comes in just under the 8A at 12V listed on that outlet. Since you're really generally dealing with 12.7 volts or more, it should be a little under 7A assuming 100% efficiency, so there's a little wiggle room.

Even 1.5A at 120v is 180W... more than double what they list as the nominal rating of the Magsafe 2 adapter.
__________________
David

Zero Gravitas 2017 Flying Cloud 26U | Il Progetto 1976 Argosy 28 Center Bath | WBCCI# 15566

He has all of the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire. Sir Winston Churchill
DKB_SATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 09:40 PM   #20
2 Rivet Member

 
2005 22' Safari
Half Moon Bay , California
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 50
Images: 1
Recommend solar battery charging, and inverter for 110 volts for charging laptop computer. 12 volts is marginal. Generally for boondocking avoid electrical use unless you have a solar charger. Anything requiring heat is more efficient with propane - french press or filter drip coffee works great with a kettle on the stove.
__________________

__________________
jsutro is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:44 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Airstream is a registered trademark of Airstream Inc. All rights reserved. Airstream trademark used under license to Social Knowledge LLC.