Old 05-21-2014, 06:20 AM   #1
1977 31' Sovereign
Coweta , Oklahoma
Correct Wiring for Parallax 7345

1977 31' Sovereign

I recently purchased an airstream on the cheap and am trying to evaluate everything that it needs to be in state where it can be towed and all of the major utilities work.

When I went to hook up the connection from the trailer to the TV, I found that it had an older plug style, the round pin. I have converted this to a newer blade style connector. Everything hooked up color for color with the exception of three wires. From the trail to the TV connectors, I took yellow to blue, blue to black, and black to yellow. I believe that this is the correct wiring. I plugged it all up and still no lights to the trailer.

I removed the sofabed from the front of the trailer and the shrouds around the electrical components and found the electrical components have been revised. There is the existing univolt sitting with wires coming out of the hitch side of it but with the plug being terminated. There is a Parallax 7345 sitting there with the terminated cord from the univolt hooked up and plugged in to the power outlet with two cords going to the fuse panel.

There are no batteries in the front compartments and the cords from the batteries are not connected to the fuse panel.

There were two broken fuses on the trailer plug connector side of the fuse panel, which I have replaced.

The questions: What are the most basic and cost effective actions I can take to the get the outside trailer lights working? What are the most basic and cost effective actions I can take to get this front section back into workable order or at least bypassable order?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2014-05-19 20.11.12.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	359.5 KB
ID:	212403   Click image for larger version

Name:	2014-05-20 19.24.55.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	224.1 KB
ID:	212404  

moore020 is offline   Reply With Quote