Old 04-21-2016, 07:03 PM   #15
Agent 86
1972 31' Sovereign
1975 31' Excella 500
Currently Looking...
Benton , Arkansas
To run the A/C you will need either shore power or a generator no matter which way you go.

My thinking when I picked my direction was that:

A. Inverter technology has come a long way in the past 20 years.

B. Running a dual A/C D/C system is double the work

C. Residential appliance and fixtures are as a rule cheaper than RV/marine dedicated units.

The single down side in my opinion is that I give up about 10% of my battery capacity to inverter overhead.

I use a modified sine wave converter, two years now with no ill effects to any of my devices or appliances.

The switches on my transfer switch look like regular household light switches, albeit with three positions. (They don't show well in the dark photograph)

Superat stultitia.

The fact that I am opinionated does not presuppose that I am wrong......

J. Morgan is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Parallel non inverter generator with inverter generator? mtbguy Generators & Solar Power 3 07-15-2015 01:48 PM
inverter or converter? slapshift Batteries, Univolts, Converters & Inverters 5 08-12-2008 12:56 PM
Alternatives to Factory Converter & Inverter shovelbum Batteries, Univolts, Converters & Inverters 17 04-04-2008 11:14 PM
Converter / Inverter? Phil Gobie Electrical - Systems, Generators, Batteries & Solar 2 12-10-2006 09:57 AM
where is the converter/inverter thing? jnanacaksus Electrical - Systems, Generators, Batteries & Solar 13 08-28-2005 10:10 AM

Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities

Copyright 2002-2015 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.