Old 09-20-2008, 07:01 PM   #15
4 Rivet Member
1975 23' Safari
Portland , Oregon
... and Randy at can set you up wit Xantrex converter with the 3 stage charger. Randy's helped me out after my adventures with the "univolt" I found in my 75 Safari.

ronstory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 07:16 PM   #16
4 Rivet Member
1972 25' Tradewind
Madison , Wisconsin
Question Just basic juice

Nothing to the electrical system in an Airstream . Most of it is just remembering basics.

Just pay attention and keep to the schematics in the manual. Oh and don't do what I did back when I was just called the camel!

Got the green wire and the black wire confused, then there was something about the 4-3 generator plug and something about 3 phase. not a good day The AC ran so hard I got ice crystals dangling from the cabinets Everyone started calling me Smokin Camel that afternoon. In fact it was right after the green wire-black wire thing

Do try a 3 phase battery charger, I got one from Randy and it was one of the best investments I made. Not to mention taking 30 Lbs. off of the rear area.

Smokin Camel is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off