Old 01-29-2013, 07:35 PM   #1
2004 30' Classic Slideout
Lauderdale Lakes , Florida
Classic Slideout

My slideout on my 2004 Classic does not slide out when rocker switch is pushed. I opened manually and found it DOES slide back in with rocker switch. The locking micro switches seem OK or it wouldn't slide in. I'm leaning towards a bad rocker switch or one phase of the motor is out. Any experience out there?

Cate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 04:16 AM   #2
3 Rivet Member
2015 30' Classic
Green Cove Springs , Florida
If this was a car window I would first start with the switch. Since the motor stops when closed I would also say the micro switch is good unless there is a load cut off in the motor which would also shut off the motor.

beetlebob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 06:13 AM   #3
Rivet Master
2004 30' Classic Slideout
College Town USA , Virginia
Hi Cate,

We've had that happen from time to time with our '04, usually stopping the slide out portion just after beginning and I solve the problem by starting over and just leaning on it a bit and it does fine. If your's isn't even starting to slide when giving it a bit of help I'm not certain what that might be.

Recently we had trouble with one of the locking arms not opening and I've learned not to over tighten them. I was told by my very reliable dealer/service center that the slide will stay in place even without the locks tight and just to make contact with the inner surface when locking. I realize this is not related to your post and offer it as information.

Good luck and sorry not to be of more assistance.
In dog years, I'm dead!
ZoominC6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 09:46 AM   #4
Rivet Master
2006 25' Safari FB SE
Spokane , Washington
On my SOB I had the same problem. Perhaps Airstreams are different but the rocker switch that operated the slide would only work in one direction. On mine, the 12 V motor would work by reversing the current via the rocker switch. In one position the current would flow so that the motor worked in a forward motion. When switched, the current would run "backwards" and the motor would reverse thus bringing the slide back in.

So....if it is working in one direction I would check the switch.
aftermath is offline   Reply With Quote