Thanks for the replies and suggestions. I didn't see them until this AM. But last night I installed the recharged battery. It is a marine deep cycle, purchased on 6/11 from Walmart. I had them check and recharge it yesterday. It checked out OK under load at the service center, so I'm assuming the battery is OK. It was "severely discharged". I reinstalled it and all 12v
items worked. Lights, radio, fan. I did not plug into the AC, so the Univolt was off and I was just running on the 12v
system. So, the battery was dead this morning. I just have a bulb tester that I used to check the battery at the terminals and got a faint glow. So I must have a pretty good short somewhere. And then I remembered this has an electric jack which does not work. I'm thinking if there is anything that can suck that much juice in such a short time that might be it. I will disconnect that and then plug in the AC to see if the Univolt will actually recharge the battery. That will be today's adventure.
This is a great forum. I appreciate all the help and suggestions. And today I will probably buy a voltmeter. I think I'm going to need one.