Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-19-2017, 08:01 AM   #41
Rivet Master

2017 27' Flying Cloud
Fort Worth , Texas
Update...
We met another Airstream couple who is boondocking just down from us. They have "cheap Walmart" batteries and stock factory solar. They claim that because they are generally charged when they arrive at a location through the alternator, they can go 4 days or more without running their generator. Their AS is a little older but has less solar. They also claim they watch Netflix on their TVs most nights before bed. So, I must conclude something is wrong!

Last night I was at 12.5V right around bedtime. I decided to turn off the water pump because we occasionally hear it come on for a split second several times during the night. This morning our batteries were at 12V which is the highest they have been yet. I turned on the water pump and the voltage immediately dropped to 11.8V and stayed there. The pump only ran for a second. So last night we did not use any power other than a few lights, the refrigerator and the CO detector.
billrector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 08:21 AM   #42
"Cloudsplitter"

2003 25' Classic
Houstatlantavegas , Malebolgia
Thumbs down

Bill,

Don't mean to Hi-jack.....but I will anyway.

It's always a good idea to turn off the WP at night or when your away from the AS.

AMHIK?....

Woke up at 3am with the WP running & the bathroom flooded, on our first CT. Cross threaded from the factory. Removed fitting, repaired with MarineTex, still holding.

Bob
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	fullsizeoutput_109f.jpeg
Views:	49
Size:	120.4 KB
ID:	297319  
Old 10-19-2017, 08:39 AM   #43
Half a Rivet Short

2017 30' Classic
2022 Interstate 24X
Carlisle , Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by billrector View Post
Update...
We met another Airstream couple who is boondocking just down from us. They have "cheap Walmart" batteries and stock factory solar. They claim that because they are generally charged when they arrive at a location through the alternator, they can go 4 days or more without running their generator. Their AS is a little older but has less solar. They also claim they watch Netflix on their TVs most nights before bed. So, I must conclude something is wrong!

Last night I was at 12.5V right around bedtime. I decided to turn off the water pump because we occasionally hear it come on for a split second several times during the night. This morning our batteries were at 12V which is the highest they have been yet. I turned on the water pump and the voltage immediately dropped to 11.8V and stayed there. The pump only ran for a second. So last night we did not use any power other than a few lights, the refrigerator and the CO detector.
Hi

Watching TV for 15 minutes a night for 4 nights does not use much power. You very much need to look at the exact details of what people are doing.

Bob
uncle_bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 10:06 AM   #44
Rivet Master

2017 27' Flying Cloud
Fort Worth , Texas
They are watching movies....not just watching for 15 minutes. I have asked them a LOT of details.
billrector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 01:13 PM   #45
Rivet Master

2017 28' Flying Cloud
2014 25' FB Flying Cloud
2008 25' Safari FB SE
Georgetown (winter)Thayne (summer) , Texas & Wyoming
Quote:
Originally Posted by uncle_bob View Post
Hi

Watching TV for 15 minutes a night for 4 nights does not use much power. You very much need to look at the exact details of what people are doing.

Bob
Here we go again... Not funny when happening to you, I understand. There are a couple threads currently winding down, on this topic. Likely your "new" batteries are now bad. Start there and get them checked by Interstate or someone for bad cells. Here is the thread with lots of good data and replacement recommendations. I just replaced my Converter with a Boondocker, covered in this thread below; my post #10 may help.

http://www.airforums.com/forums/f449...as-173824.html

or try post #59 in this thread:
http://www.airforums.com/forums/f540...-168615-5.html

Good luck!
Summer-Star Valley Ranch RV Resort (Thayne, WY); Winter-Sun City (Georgetown,TX)
gypsydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 06:52 AM   #46
Half a Rivet Short

2017 30' Classic
2022 Interstate 24X
Carlisle , Pennsylvania
Hi

Well, to be more precise, there are several thousand threads on the same topic here. It's like a lot of basic topics in that respect.

Bob
uncle_bob is offline   Reply With Quote