Old 10-27-2007, 10:38 AM   #15
2 Rivet Member
1974 Argosy 20
Burlington , Ontario
I too had the battey comp. door open and the battery hung out on the cables, fortunately the door was saved by the door cables.
I took a piece or angle aluminum and cut it a bit longer than the opening and pop riveted it to the frame and the door hinge to it. I also repaired the floor area of the opening. (ROT) I then coated the floor with water proofing (roofing compound)
I bought a new lock (locally) and checked for fitting to allow for trailer body flexing so it would not open . I then made a piece of that same angle aluminum to fit inside the compartment so that if the door opened the angle aliminum would block ther battery fro coming.
Not the battey can move from side to side when travelling and that is why the door is pushed out.

If you would like a pix of my fix please E-Mail me

ve3czn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2007, 08:14 PM   #16
Rivet Master

1974 20' Argosy 20
Richmond , Kentucky
Originally Posted by SteveH

They are in Bastrop, TX, and here's the phone number: 512-718-1930

Good luck.
Steve, I forgot to thank you for providing the phone number. I called a while back and they didn't have what I was looking for. Oh well....

Thanks again!

Air forums # 1674
1974 20' Argosy Motor Home
1974 31' Excella trailer (parting out, as of 4/1/2015 I have wheels, brake drums, windows & holding tanks left to sell)
bkahler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007, 03:29 AM   #17
2 Rivet Member
1992 34' Excella
Punta Gorda, , Florida
There is an Airstream boneyard in Carthidge Mo. They have all types of wrecked and salvaged RVs but many A/S to boot. It starts with a C. Something like Colhals. Too early. Sorry. I know it's there.I've been there. Good Luck

FlaAirstream is offline   Reply With Quote