So we got our "new" (1965 Overlander) yesterday, and when we plugged it into the house, smoke started pouring out of the bathroom closet. What we found was the univolt is long gone, and it was replaced with a battery charger (see pictures below.) We would like to be able to run off 120v or 12v
. So my first question is, should we replace it with a new battery charger, a new univolt or a new converter like the Inteli-Power line. And my second question is, since the battery is shot, is there a particular brand or type that is better than another? Thanks for the replies!