Old 01-12-2012, 09:55 PM   #15
Rivet Master
2008 27' Classic FB
Burkburnett , Texas
Originally Posted by Luftnoggin
... Since the batteries are wired in series, do I have to disconnect them from each other before checking their status?
12V batteries are connected in parallel. Any meaningful volt or load testing requires the batteries to be disconnected from each other.

AIR 47751
Air Safe Hitch, Reese Dual Cam 800#, Centramatics
Silver Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 03:38 PM   #16
2005 28' International CCD
trying to understand more

If one has one of these volt minders as pictured...the one pictured reads 14.15....under what circumstances....

say one;s batteries are not being charged by the converter...if one has the converter out of the picture, breaker switched off that controls the converter.

plugged into shore power, no lights on, fridge on lp...and say you are gone all day...6 , 8 hours...what would one expect the volt minder to read ????

would a fluctuation from 14.15 tp 13.0 or 12.9 during this time period mean one thing or another>?????

Several options out there, I lean toward the simple.

Other folks swear the Tri-metric is the best choice.

I've found that the panel monitor is the least dependable.

I have this chart taped to the converter door for reference.

and the Four P's(Paula, Phoenix and Peabody II and Pearl)…Peabody is here…..
2013 GMC sierra denali
WBCCI 2541

kingfisher24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 05:56 PM   #17

2003 25' Classic
Zanadude Nebula , WNY

1…The 14.15v reading was taken while a P-Lax 7455 2 stage converter was charging two fully discharged Interstate Marine/RV batteries.

2…The pictured B/M is plugged into a 12v power port which is powered only when the isolation switch is in the "use" mode. If the converter is out of the circuit it will read zero.
Plugged into S/P….If the batteries are out, mode switch in "use" it will read 13.2, the float voltage of the IOTA, batt's installed it will read charge voltage.
Un-plugged from S/P batteries installed, "use" mode, it will read battery voltage.

3…12.9 after 8 hrs is still fully charged.
With our IOTA the charge voltage rate will vary between 13.2 & 13.8v.

Now I'm cornfused so much for simple.

AF #1

"Sticks & stones can break your bones...and hail will dent your Airstream"

So when is this..."old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?
ROBERT CROSS is offline   Reply With Quote