Old 04-01-2009, 09:46 PM   #15
1977 31' Sovereign
Chase , British Columbia
Similar to "jfuller678", I've been thinking about adding batteries to the A-frame. I would like to go with four golf cart batteries in a custom built aluminum box mounted between the tanks and the front wall. This will mean building a new mount system for the tanks, and they will sit about one-and-a-half inches higher, and two inches forward of their present position. My concern is the added weight of the batteries--the F250 can handle the extra tongue weight, but can the A-frame take the load? I would love to hear others' experiences with this.

77 31'

4slice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 10:08 PM   #16
1972 Travelux Princess 25
Cobourg , Ontario
Is there a wire in your hitch wiring harness that goes to your trailer battery? You could tap into that to connect your batteries. Then ground the - to the trailer frame.

Living in the trailer park of sense, looking out the window at a tornado of stupidity.
Ganaraska is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off