Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-12-2014, 02:32 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

2019 22' Sport
Woodland Park , Colorado
7355 Parallax Fan Replacement Instructions

Thank you in advance if there is a thread that already explains this. I have searched The Forums for hours prior to posting.

AS 2009 FC, full timing in CO at 8000'. Fan converter fan noise for a bout a year, then suddenly stopped (burned out?). Has been fine all summer without fan. Though with cooling weather and furnace running, large wires within fuse panel are heating up when all lights on, furnace running. And white wire shows blackening around it at attachment point. We also see flickering in lights when furnace kicks on, hair dry use, etc. I suspect I need to replace cooling fan?

Are there detailed instructions I can reference already posted in forums. Is there anything else I should be worried about? What fan model do I choose from Radio Shack, for example? Or just remove old and take with me?

Thank you for time.
movin-in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 02:50 PM   #2
Living Riveted since 2013

2016 Interstate Lounge Ext
Green Cove Springs , Florida
If your Parallax 7355 is having issues, I would suggest you replace it with a Progressive Dynamics 4655 rather than trying to fix it. There are plenty of threads on the rationale for this, and the process of replacement, which is a pretty straightforward swap of one unit for the other. The PD 4655 is a much smarter converter / charger and far better for your batteries. Once it's done, you'll be glad you made the swap.

Rocinante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 07:44 PM   #3
2 Rivet Member

2014 25' FB Flying Cloud
Prescott , Arizona
Time For a New Converter

I agree with Silvery Moons recommendation to relace the converter, if your budget allows.
Your statement "white wire shows blackening" could indicate an underling problem or at the very least a high resistance connection. This could be related to your lights dimming/ flickering.

Several similar threads referenced BestConverter - Converters, Inverters, Electrical Supplies, Electronics for guidance.

I plan to replace my stock 7300 Parallax converter with a multi-stage charger as soon as my warranty expires.

Best of luck.
SilverBuddha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2014, 09:19 PM   #4
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

New Borockton , Alabama
Flickering lights/dimming lights blows up my email every day. Its not just related to Airstream/Univiolts/Parallax or any brand in particular. The fan is controlled by the main board assembly and a new fan would act the same. Unless you have a physical fan failure, broken blades, binding from debris or something, replacing the fan itself won't fix it. Just trying to help you not waste time on a computer muffin fan from Radio Shack that is likely not going to solve the problem and they don't fit anyway.
68 Overlander is offline   Reply With Quote