Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-17-2007, 07:01 PM   #1

1969 23' Safari
Sebastopol , California
'69 Safari 110v system not working

Hello, new to the community and first post.

In February we bought a ’69 Safari Land Yacht. It’s in good condition everything was working…until just before our trip last week I noticed the red light at the panel was not on (it was on when shoreline is plugged in). Then I found none of the 110v outlets were working (with shoreline connected). We went camping anyway because all of the 12v system works.

In trying to troubleshoot I found no blown fuses in these locations: rear compartment right side bus bar (12v system I believe), Univolt 2 fuses not blown and no 110v power to the Univolt system, circuit breakers in the front panel (by the gauges) not tripped (but reset anyway with no change). I thought it weird that there is no power to the Univolt.

Am I missing a fuse anywhere? The shoreline enters the trailer on the left rear to the left of the black water dump. Then as far as I can tell heads toward the front of the trailer between the external and internal skin. The only manual I have is for the Globetrotter, which doesn’t match our layout.

Any help would be great!
Skiffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 07:31 PM   #2
Ham KI4HJX

1982 27' Excella
1970 23' Safari
Franklin , 28734
Start at the source (shoreline outlet) and check with a voltmeter or a test light. If it has power move to the power cord where it comes into the breaker box and check for power there. If you have power coming out of the breaker box try runing the air conditioner. Then check it at the univolt.
Ramp is offline   Reply With Quote