Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-10-2007, 07:28 AM   #1
4 Rivet Member

2001 16' Bambi
2013 23' International
Piedmont Region , North Carolina
65 Safari Battery Install

I tried this question on the sub forum but no responses so, will give this one a shot.

A friend of mine has a 65 Safari and the battery is missing with wires here, there and all over the place. Has original univolt that he says works. In an attempt to restore 12v power, I think that we have figured out which ones go to the battery but there is no battery box or tray that would suggest where the battery should be placed. The rear compartment is pretty messed up and nothing is obvious so if anyone could comment or post a photo of the general arrangement of things in there that would be of utmost help.

Thanks, TB
tinbender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 08:02 AM   #2
Rivet Master

Vintage Kin Owner
Vintage Kin Owner
Vintage Kin Owner
Currently Looking...
Greeeneville , Tennessee
Send a message via Yahoo to Silverhobby
Rear Service Center

Hi Tinbender, In the hundreds of pictures I have saved on my computer, I do not have one of the rear service center. I am sure another member may post the pic I was looking for. The battery would install near the circuit breaker panel. There should be a wire coming from the front of the coach to charge the battery from the TV and it may be heavy gauge and black. There should also be a wire coming from the Univolt to charge the battery while connected to shore power. The tray was mounted on the floor and had a hold down for the battery. However, if the floor is rotted away and the blackwater tank is all that is visible, installing a battery on top of tank would not be advisable.
visit my restoration blog at:
Silverhobby is offline   Reply With Quote