Hello Everyone. I would like to share my electrical upgrade project I had done on a 64 Globetrotter. I did not use ANY of the original equipment. Inefficiency, reliability, and safety were the main concerns when we decided to go modernized. So where to begin... I installed all commercial grade wiring throughout the 110 Volt service with 12 Gauge stranded wire. I did decide to keep the 12 volt
wiring that wasn't shorted out (some of the exterior lights were). I ran the electric to the back side of the broom closet (where the panels would be). The battery is a Duralast marine 210 Ah (future upgrade is a bigger battery bank setup). The converter is the commonly used Progressive Dynamics 4060: 60 Amp Converter + AC/DC Distribution Panel bought on Vintage Trailer Supplies website Inteli-Power 4060
. I then ran three seperate 110 Volt circuits from the converter. One for the single exterior outlet, and two for the 5 interior outlets (one lead for each side of the trailor). I used GFCI outlets for protection for each circuit and mounted them close to the converter box. I then installed a disconnect battery switch ran off of a Relay that is connected to the battery. I also included a digital display that displays the voltage of the battery. All zip tied and heat shrink wrapped ends and splices.
I finished it out with a shore connection routed to the back bumper hatch. As always feedback is welcomed! Thanks