Old 01-26-2014, 04:57 PM   #1

1972 25' Tradewind
San Mateo , California
1976 Tradewind New fuse panel problem

I purchased a new 12 volt Parallax fuse panel to upgrade from my original panel. The problem I'm having is where do I connect the power cable (Blue) that comes from my tow vehicle to charge the trailer battery. And second where or how is the (gray wire) "power on", connect to the new Parallax panel. If you have done this upgrade please post pictures or comment on how and where you connected these two wires. Thanks

Old 01-26-2014, 07:59 PM   #2

1972 25' Tradewind
San Mateo , California
With the new panel. All the positive connections are connected to gather so to speak at the top of the new Parallax panel and the gray wire that goes to the power light on the control panel goes where! If I put it to ground, the power light constantly stays on and it should only go on when the tow vehicle is plugged into the trailer so I think?

Old 01-26-2014, 09:31 PM   #3
Rivet Master

1974 Argosy 26
Morrill , Nebraska
1976 Tradewind New fuse panel problem

The power on light is just that. As long as you have battery power, shore power or charge line power the light will be on.
Where is the opposite side of the power light connected? You say when you ground the grey wire, the light comes on.
Connect the blue charge line wire to a 30 amp fuse that will power the positive buss when connected.
Old 01-26-2014, 09:41 PM   #4
Rivet Master

1974 Argosy 20
2014 20' Flying Cloud
Kooskia , Idaho
The power on light wire (the gray one you are writing about) was something used only with the original Univolt and when you make a conversion to another converter/charger is is left disconnected. At least that is what most have done. So, it no longer operates.

I seem to remember someone came up with some kind of an electronic circuit to make the power on light work as it did originally, but I never have seen that post directly. At any rate, a little neon or LED light plugged into any of the 120 volt outlets will tell you the same thing, that is the power is on.