Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-26-2009, 10:58 AM   #1
Chris H.

1968 24' Tradewind
Tacoma , Washington
Send a message via AIM to cheer2u
Unhappy 1968 Trade Wind 24' No interior lights?

I have a 68 Trade Wind 24' that I am renovating to go full time in. I bought a new battery and proceeded to hook it up just like it was b4 without looking at the polarity, dumb! I reversed the hookup and now my lights inside don't work. They worked b4 with shore power. I bought new bulbs and filpped the fuse box switches hoping that would help but nothing. My plugs all work but I have not one light. I have been advised to find the 12v fuse and see if it is blown but have no clue where it is. I opened the converter box which by the way still hums but it didn't look like there was a fuse in there just all the wires running into it and hooked up. Suggestions where to look?

The battery appears to be fine as I hooked up a trickle charger to check it and it was all charged up. Hopefully one less problem there.

Thanks for the help.

Chris H
Tacoma, WA
cheer2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 11:34 AM   #2
Rivet Master
Airstream Dealer

Corona , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheer2u View Post
I have a 68 Trade Wind 24' that I am renovating to go full time in. I bought a new battery and proceeded to hook it up just like it was b4 without looking at the polarity, dumb! I reversed the hookup and now my lights inside don't work. They worked b4 with shore power. I bought new bulbs and filpped the fuse box switches hoping that would help but nothing. My plugs all work but I have not one light. I have been advised to find the 12v fuse and see if it is blown but have no clue where it is. I opened the converter box which by the way still hums but it didn't look like there was a fuse in there just all the wires running into it and hooked up. Suggestions where to look?

The battery appears to be fine as I hooked up a trickle charger to check it and it was all charged up. Hopefully one less problem there.

Thanks for the help.

Chris H
Tacoma, WA
Reversing the polarity would blow some fuses.

The fuses should be near the univolt.

Andy
Inland RV Center, In is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 01:01 PM   #3
Chris H.

1968 24' Tradewind
Tacoma , Washington
Send a message via AIM to cheer2u
Can you be more specific on that, I have looked all over in there and perhaps I don't know what I am looking at/for is the problem..
cheer2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 01:11 PM   #4
1 Rivet Member

1968 24' Tradewind
1987 34' Excella
Pierre , South Dakota
Try behind the control panel.
Old 05-26-2009, 01:54 PM   #5
4 Rivet Member

1975 Argosy 24
Malakoff , Texas
Sounds like the big fuse that charges the battery....if they all went out at once
they should all come back on at once...hang in there and keep looking.
kennethowens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 09:35 AM   #6
3 Rivet Member

1968 24' Tradewind
Largo , Florida
Chris, I just saw your post. In my '68, 24' TW I have under the vanity on the outer wall 2 - 12 volt fuses in a holder. In the electrical panel, in the galley, there is 1 fuse.
Judy

Tags