Old 02-11-2015, 02:39 PM   #1
Rivet Master

2015 30' Classic
2012 28' International
Greensboro , North Carolina
'15 Classic - Magnum MSH Install Moving Ahead

I figured a way out of the issue. I've run a 120V line from the existing inverter circuit directly to my panel and the "inverted" circuits are now "non-inverted" and work. So, I've begun wiring the Magnum. Today, I ran wires to go from the Magnum to the main panel, and another set from the Magnum to the sub-panel. Not an easy project, took all day as the Magnum is on the SS and the electrical panels are on the CS, but it's done. Tomorrow, I'll begin moving circuits from the main panel to the sub-panel --- these are the circuits that will be powered by the Magnum when I'm off shore power. Basically, it's everything but the rear A/C and the hot water heater -- could swap for the microwave I suppose. Will also work on wiring in the solar system, as the two systems are "battery focused" and I want to wire the batteries to the solar and the Magnum at the same time. Not studied this carefully, but pretty sure I have to run a battery cable up to the original battery wiring, otherwise there'll be no power for the 7 pin connector or the front jack (or the breakaway switch). Anyone with insight on this? Here are some photos of the inside of the project -- 1st one is main panel on right and new sub-panel on left. 2d photo is site for the Magnum. This is right under the rear dinette seat. To the left is the SS wheel well, outside shower connection right in front. The blue Pex line is what I installed via a T connection for my ice maker (you'll note I put a valve on it). I will be covering the back of the shower connection with heavy plastic, just in case there's ever water seepage, as it does NOT need to get into the Magnum. 3d photo is what's left of the WFCO inverter (this is located at the SS end of the dinette seat....but if you have a '15 Classic you know this because the fan runs ALL THE TIME!). The red and black cables go directly up front to the battery...and I disconnected them BEORE I monkeyed around with the WFCO. BTW, there is a humongous fuse from where the pos cable emerges from the floor and feeds into the inverter. (I knew about this from my last trailer...when I swapped out the 1000W inverter for a 2000W I "inadvertently" grounded the battery cable. The fuse is around $35, so I learned that lesson....and I have the fuse block and fuse from my new trailer...which will be used (again) when I start battery installation tomorrow. You MUST put a fuse in line and a battery switch before the pos cable is hooked up to the MagnaSine.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2247.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	330.4 KB
ID:	232192   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2248.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	283.8 KB
ID:	232193  

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2249.jpg