Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Electrical - Systems, Generators, Batteries & Solar > Generators & Solar Power
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-12-2015, 11:12 AM   #41
Rivet Master

2008 30' Classic S/O
Dearborn , Michigan
Only complaint with USCarb was they initially sent me the wrong kit for my EF2400iS.

They corrected the problem by having me ship them my carb, where they modified it and shipped it back. Put it back together, along with a chrono, and it works great.
Old 01-12-2015, 12:43 PM   #42
"Cloudsplitter"

2003 25' Classic
Houstatlantavegas , Malebolgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by boondockdad View Post
Only complaint with USCarb was they initially sent me the wrong kit for my EF2400iS.

They corrected the problem by having me ship them my carb, where they modified it and shipped it back. Put it back together, along with a chrono, and it works great.
I was wondering how you made out with Yamaha.
Had to do the same thing with the Honda carb, but I knew that in advance.
The new kits have a billet aluminum manifold that fits under the base so no mod's are needed.

Their CS was pretty spotty back then, some say it's improved quite a bit, but I've had no contact with them to know for sure.

Bob
ROBERT CROSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2015, 06:03 AM   #43
Rivet Master

2008 30' Classic S/O
Dearborn , Michigan
Bob,
The Yama has been great.
No complaints at all. Starts every time. Runs quiet.
Seems like a single 20# tank lasts upwards of 30 hours (not running the A/C, of course).

That's what USC sent me initially, was the aluminum 'collar' that fit between the manifold and carb. Sloppy on their part, but after calling we got it all straightened out.

Surprises me how other campers are shocked to see a quiet, little genset running on LP. You'd think Yamaha and Honda would start making these stock; it's a great alternative
Old 01-13-2015, 08:57 AM   #44
"Cloudsplitter"

2003 25' Classic
Houstatlantavegas , Malebolgia
Thumbs up

Yeah.... I know I get questions about that silver "do-dad" on the front panel a lot.
I think the companies think it's ugly and don't want to offend the industrial design department.

I put a petrol shut-off valve on the top, I'll turn it on and when it starts to stumble disconnect the LPG line, it really confuses them when it continues to run just fine.

Bob
ROBERT CROSS is offline   Reply With Quote