Old 06-17-2007, 02:43 PM   #29
3 Rivet Member
2005 25' Safari
Roseville , California
WayneandSam: "I was surprised to read in the manual that you need to have 1/4 tank of gasoline, even when running on LP. Apparently this is to prevent accidentally getting LP into an emply gas tank with potentially disastrous results."

Nice report, WandS, but I'm concerned about the need to keep a quarter-tank of gas in the tank. Don't recall others mentioning this. I haven't placed my order, but one of the drivers for getting the tri-fuel was so that I wouldn't have to deal was gas, including gas going stale, filter cleaning, etc.

I just looked at my bottle of StaBil - it claims to be effective for up to two years if used at double the dose. And presumably the fuel filter should be OK if usage is limited to propane. So maybe not too bad.

Well, more to think about!

2005 25' Safari SS
2005 Dodge Ram 2500 Turbodiesel
WBCCI #3580 - Region 12 NorCal
AIR #8752
Roseville, CA
cammur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007, 04:06 PM   #30
Rivet Master
2014 25' Flying Cloud
Cuddebackville , New York
Cammur- I was surprised too, but I don't really think it's that big a deal. They say to break in the engine by running on gasoline for a couple of hours at full load. I did that and just left a bit of gas in the tank. To switch over to LP you shut off the gasoline and run the carb dry. So the only gas is in the tank a that point. It wouldn't be a big deal to run on gasoline once in a blue moon to keep the gasoline fresh.

Wayne&Sam is offline   Reply With Quote