Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-11-2011, 04:22 PM   #1
3 Rivet Member

2008 31' Classic
Ft. Lauderdale , Florida
US Carburetion great service!

I had posted here way back in 2008 of an unhappy experience with US Carb. Recently I was contacted by John Keller the master tech there who read my posts here and expressed the desire to make amends. So on our way from Virginia Highland Haven to Ohio we stopped off in Summersville, WV. There I was met by Mike Kroll special projects manager who quickly assessed our situation and immediately put their techs onto our project. We had brought 2 Honda 200Is for conversion to tri-fuel and to work in companion mode. We had arranged that all the parts and hoses that were still stored by me since 2008 would be exchanged for new parts and labor. Mike installed a quick release connection to the AS propane line and we received our Honda generators converted including hour and rpm meters. What was so great we were able to run the gens under real conditions and be instructed how to properly care for them. We left with a very small bill that was more than fair and the confidence was restored in their engineering skills. Though we were there for less than 2.5 hours Mike had us connected to shore power to run the
AC.

We were impressed that John read the original post expressing dissatisfaction, wanted to make right, and delivered service and responsibility in the end. I highly recommend US Carb if you want to have your generator converted for tri-fuel usage.
chaimemet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 06:26 PM   #2
"Cloudsplitter"

2003 25' Classic
Houstatlantavegas , Malebolgia
Thumbs up

Glad to hear it!!!

I converted our 2000i three Seasons ago, with no problems at all. Other than a very vague instruction manual,(trying to cover a wide variety of applications), it was a pretty straight forward operation.
There have been more than a few people here mentioning the poor CS.

The conversion has worked really well, happy to hear the CS has caught up.
Old 07-11-2011, 06:43 PM   #3
Rivet Master

2014 25' Flying Cloud
Cuddebackville , New York
It's always good to hear when a company shows concern for its customers - sadly that's not always the case. A follow-up from 2008 is impressive. I know I've been happy with the converted Yamaha I bought from them.
Wayne&Sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 07:00 PM   #4
Rivet Master

1999 23' Safari
Perrysburg , Ann Arbor
Yup, that's good news. I bought a Yamaha 2400 tri fuel machine from them, and it has been all that was promised and then some. Glad you got "updated" and are now a "happy camper."
AirsDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 08:28 PM   #5
3 Rivet Member

2008 31' Classic
Ft. Lauderdale , Florida
Follow up

They went through a rough period I was told. Apparently their Tech joined the forum and wanted to clean up old business. By being there it did a lot to make it good for us.
chaimemet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 08:45 PM   #6
Rivet Master

2011 34' Classic
Westchester Cty.NY , / Miami FL
bravo to us carb!
Ingrid-my unofficial '"World's Oldest Streamer" 1909-2008 R.I.P.
richinny is offline   Reply With Quote