Old 01-08-2012, 02:04 PM   #113
Rivet Master
Currently Looking...
Pittsfield , Maine
Parallel Cables and Rain Protection

Back in 2003 when I purchased a pair of Hondas the dealer sold me a set of "parallel cables" before I realized that without the auxillary 30 amp RV plug set-up they were useless. At that time Honda did not offer the companion gen - although I noticed that the very cable set I was sold is today used to operate the companion gen. The 30 amp RV plug setup I had to purchase, with the "attached" parallel cables, ran about $220.00 - if my memory is correct. I've often wondered what the simple parallel cable set I was sold could have actually accomplished - but as time went on I forgot about it. Now that this thread has reminded me I would still like to know --- if anyone has the answer??? As for running the generators in the rain I can't imagine that it would hurt anything - although I've never had the occasion to do so. We never protected our construction generators, or shut them off when it was raining, and they were a lot less protected than the Hondas. One final thought: The parallel box set up - with the 30 amp RV plug - is well-built and it works fine - but it is just one more piece of equipment to deal with. I haven't seen a companion Honda but I was wondering if it would'nt be a fairly simple task to add the necessary components and panel to convert one of my Hondas to a companion gen?

2003 GMC 3500 D/A, CC, LB, 4x4 and 2000 Airstream Excella 30. WBCCI 7074
Cracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 07:57 PM   #114
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
Tucson , Arizona
Originally Posted by gatorfrey View Post
I just got my tri fuel 2000i lined out and running on propane.
I bought it for backup here on the coast for the house, but intend to add an airstream soon to also use this with.
When I was growing up, we had a 27 and 31 foot airstream I really enjoyed. Now I am much older, and remembering the fun, decided to get back into it.
My question:
The standard eu2000i will run the trailer, minus the a/c. Ok. So, which shore power adapter do I need for the standard 110 plug on the standard 2000i?
I went to the website and they have what I see as two types. The twist-lock, and another one. Which to use? And did airstream change connectors for shore power over the years?
Love the website!
Using a Standard Model 2000i you will need an adapter that has the standard male 15-amp plug on one side (or end if it's the pigtail type) and the standard 30-amp female on the other side (or the other end if it's a pigtail type)...that allows you to plug your standard 30-amp male plug into the generator.

Using a Campanion Model 2000i...which has a female twist-n-turn will need an adapter that has a male 30-amp twist-n-turn plug on one side (or end) and the standard 30-am female on the other side (end)...

Pic #1: 15-amp male to standard 30-amp female...

Pic #2: 30-amp twist-n-turn male to standard 30-amp female...
Attached Images

TB & Greg and Abbey Schnauzer
AirForums #21900 . Membership Chair, 4C
Unit #3954
Travel Log: AZBambi...On the Road Again
TBRich is offline   Reply With Quote

multiple, generator