Old 02-23-2010, 11:23 AM   #15
CLOUDSPLITTER "Tahawas"

2003 25' Classic
Zanadude Nebula , WNY
When I did my conversion I believe the kit that US Carb offered used one regulator,(that round thing mounted on the front panel) to supply LPG to both carbs.
The regulator has the mixture adjustment, one regulator one mixture screw.

The black screw with the lock-nut is the mixture adjustment, I usually just count the exposed threads once the baseline is established. (the hardest thing is remembering teenie tiny adjustments).

The surgical tubing is a lot easier to route and pinch off for shutdown, easy to disconnect.

“After all these years the reason I continue to love Thanksgiving.....I still sit at the kids table.”
RLC

Sandra wanted to go to Cleveland on vacation,
but I’m the Husband, so we went to Cleveland.
RLC
ROBERT CROSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 02:26 PM   #16
2 Rivet Member

2001 31' Excella
Bluffton , South Carolina
Question Propane feed for Dual Honda Generator set from dual 40 tanks

I am converting two Honda 2000 generator sets to run on a Tri-Fuel Kit from CMD in Mane. I want to use my dual 40# propane to feed them and have the quick connects to make it removable. My kit supplier indicated that I should use a 10 ft, 1/2" ID hose to feed off of the low pressure line. Then I need to branch off the 1/2"hose to two 3/8" ID hoses with quick connects to feed generators. The first problem is just finding the 10', 1/2" ID hose to connect the branch lines to. The tap at the bottom of the low pressure regulator hose is just a 1/2" pipe tee with a 3/8" quick connect and a shut off valve in front of it. The NPT and Flare fitting is another story but with enough fitting from Low's, I think I can make it.

What is the consensus of the AS'mers that have mastered this one???

fred bartlet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 03:03 PM   #17
Rivet Master

1967 26' Overlander
Huntsville , Alabama
Lowes/Home Depot used to sell the hoses you need (they might still sell them) - The hoses (with QDs) were sold for use with propane grills. The stores' brass section has all the other fittings you will need.

Be forewarned that two 2000 watt generators will consume A LOT of propane under load. Your 40 pound tanks will not last many days.

If you are bound & determined to run the generators on propane, then consider the space involved in storing additional propane vessels.

Both gasoline & LPG have roughly the same energy content. But gasoline's cost-per-gallon, and corresponding storage vessels are cheaper than propane's.

If you have already bought the conversion kits, then you are somewhat commited to the effort. If not, then re-consider the fuel you will need to transport.

Tom
TomW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 08:11 AM   #18
2 Rivet Member

2001 31' Excella
Bluffton , South Carolina
Tom, with Tri-Fuel conversion I will carry a gas can backup to my propane on the RV, but hopefully they won't need to run full time/full load, or(33 hrs of full load run time). Luckily, my two week trip with have camp sites with power and I will only new generators between camp sites.
I've rethought my connection and will go back to two(12 BBQ-3/8" hoses) and save branching at the end. I will have to use double quick connects at the tank side.

Thanks for the information though.
Freds
fred bartlet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 08:43 AM   #19
3 Rivet Member

2008 27' Classic FB
Anytown , Massachusetts
I asked the same question and they told me it would not work!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fred bartlet View Post
I am converting two Honda 2000 generator sets to run on a Tri-Fuel Kit from CMD in Mane. I want to use my dual 40# propane to feed them and have the quick connects to make it removable. My kit supplier indicated that I should use a 10 ft, 1/2" ID hose to feed off of the low pressure line. Then I need to branch off the 1/2"hose to two 3/8" ID hoses with quick connects to feed generators. The first problem is just finding the 10', 1/2" ID hose to connect the branch lines to. The tap at the bottom of the low pressure regulator hose is just a 1/2" pipe tee with a 3/8" quick connect and a shut off valve in front of it. The NPT and Flare fitting is another story but with enough fitting from Low's, I think I can make it.

What is the consensus of the AS'mers that have mastered this one???
See here's the problem with a woman asking the same question related to mechanical problems....

Thanks for posting this it seemed to me that it would work.
Lin.
WBCCI #8701* TAC MA-1 * NEU UNIT
Gracie...A Liver & White GSP
Get busy livin', or get busy dyin'." - The Shawshank Redemption
Whirlaway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 08:53 AM   #20
CLOUDSPLITTER "Tahawas"

2003 25' Classic
Zanadude Nebula , WNY
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whirlaway View Post
See here's the problem with a woman asking the same question related to mechanical problems....

Thanks for posting this it seemed to me that it would work.
Lin.
Might want to consider US Carb....seems that CMD outfit is a little lacking in knowledge and having a complete kit available.(I was able to get everything I needed from one source). My only up-grade two small supply lines from hobby shop.

“After all these years the reason I continue to love Thanksgiving.....I still sit at the kids table.”
RLC

Sandra wanted to go to Cleveland on vacation,
but I’m the Husband, so we went to Cleveland.
RLC
ROBERT CROSS is offline   Reply With Quote