Old 07-12-2009, 04:30 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Currently Looking...
jacksonville , Florida
Subaru Robin RG3200is

Am looking at a new Subaru Robin 3200is but don't have any knowledge about
how they hold up especially in comparison with my honda's. Does anyone know anything about these. Its being offered to me at a very low price but need to make a move on it before wednesday (divorce sell). Any knowledge or in put would be appreciated.
V/R
Dwayne

Old 07-13-2009, 06:59 PM   #2
2 Rivet Member

1988 29' Excella
Livingston , Texas
Howdy!

We have a Subaru Robin 3200is. Have used it for the last three years fulltiming. Overall it works well its a little louder that any Honda are for that matter Yamaha. Have done nothing but change the oil and it has about 900 hours and still running strong.

If you all ready have Honda's I would chose two Honda 2000's over the 3200is any day.

"Happy Trails"
chiefneon

Old 07-14-2009, 09:15 AM   #3
2 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Currently Looking...
jacksonville , Florida
Thanx for the input chiefneon, seems there are few people that have or had these, tuff to find any opinions. As far as the reason for my wanting another generator is that every time the wife wants another big ticket item I get a big ticket item or two. She's currently on the hunt for another house (already have 3, 2 are for rentals 1 of which rents to the daughter you know how that goes) and now the wife hunting what she calls a VACATION home in las vegas where she has relatives I have relatives in carson city. Distance makes the heart grow fonder ? Anyways my junk science reasoning to her why another generator is; need a generator for every house. Works so far. Im going to need another boat also, don't want to have to tow this one from florida to las vegas when she gets the urge to go to the "VACATION HOME" but I haven't sprung that on her yet. Also all the knew fishing gear. Gotta get past the generator first. I really like my Hondas, but have an opportunity to get a really cheap price on a subaru robin 3200is but wanted opinions on it before I did the deal. Had pretty much settled on a yamaha 2400is with tri fuel when the subaru was offered to me. Still undecided but do lean slightly towards the yamaha.
V/R
Dwayne
If your not having fun
your not doing it right.
Old 07-14-2009, 09:34 AM   #4
Rivet Master

1999 23' Safari
Perrysburg , Ann Arbor
I've got a 2400is trifuel and love it. But the 3200 will run things that the smaller genset won't. And on gasoline, will run a LOT longer on a tankfull. And has electric start. But weighs 2x as much. Different machine. The 2400 gets tossed in the bed of the pickup and taken along. My bigger genset (Yamaha 6600) stays home. Different missoins. But if the price is right on the Robin, you won't go wrong. Just plan ahead if you want to take it with!
Old 07-14-2009, 09:52 AM   #5
2 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Currently Looking...
jacksonville , Florida
Thanx Airdreams, any knowledge or info that the subaru 3200is has or can be converted to tri fuel with a kit ?

V/R
Dwayne

All fish and visitors
stink after three days
(Benjamin Franklin)