Old 06-25-2004, 12:50 AM   #1
3 Rivet Member

2002 25' Classic
Kalama , Washington
Solar products

Can anyone steer us toward a vendor that sells Kyocera? We need a 120W panel to match our other. Thought we had one ordered but fell victim to the bait and switch routine. Needless to say, a reputable dealer is more than a preference! Anyone shopping in the Northwest... we can tell you where NOT to go. Thanks in advance for any help offered.
Brian and Terri

Old 06-25-2004, 01:53 AM   #2
Rivet Master

2017 28' International
Western , Oregon
Kyocera

Are you previous Solar Panel Users? How have you liked it? What happened to the previous Solar unit? Where did you hear about the Kyocera Solar? What is the "bait & switch routine" ? I have prewired 2004 22' CCD for Solar, but have not opted for Solar. Do you have a generator? Why buy a solar panel replacement when you can buy a generator for less $ (and more reliable in wet ((cloudy))weather)? Let us know what your Solar experiences are. I am curious because you are in the NW!

Jim

2017 28' Signature CCD

2017 GMC Denali HD Crew Cab 4x4
Blue Ox Sway Pro Hitch

WBCCI #3538
jordandvm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2004, 08:10 PM   #3
1 Rivet Member

I am a BP solar user distributed by Solartek Industries on Vancouver Island.A good solar array with sound batteries are the way to go for me.No generator to carry.No fuel.No noise and yes they will top up your batteries even on a cloudy day.I used this on a fifth wheel which I am now selling and will get solar for my newly acquired '76 Excella 500 as I am completely sold on the ease of operation of a good solar system.
Old 06-26-2004, 10:48 PM   #4
3 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
West Linn , Oregon
Energy Outfitters in Grants Pass are good people.
Old 07-09-2004, 07:06 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by nwclassic
Can anyone steer us toward a vendor that sells Kyocera? We need a 120W panel to match our other. Thought we had one ordered but fell victim to the bait and switch routine. Needless to say, a reputable dealer is more than a preference! Anyone shopping in the Northwest... we can tell you where NOT to go. Thanks in advance for any help offered.
Brian and Terri
I found your request while looking for Solar panel installation info for my Safari. I have a 120 Kyocera that we use on one of our farms for water pumping and our electric fencer. This unit plus controller was purchased from Arizona Light and Power. See their web page at http://www.solar-electric.com/
For me, they offered the bes price including delivery to Ontario, Canada.
Present price is $485 USD.

I would be interested in your present installation if you could send me photo and info.

Thanks

David Pease