Old 01-25-2014, 08:49 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member
2006 16' International CCD
Rolleston , Canterbury
Solar prewire location 2006 16' Bambi CCD

I found some useful tips on the forum to help locate the solar prewire on my 2006 16' Bambi. Thanks guys. So in case this helps anyone else out…

I found the ends of the green and yellow cables for connection to the solar panel in the roof space adjacent to the Fantastic fan control knob (see photo - I have added some blue insulating tape to help relocate them when I'm ready to install solar). I simply removed the Fantastic fan trim surround (6 screws - very simple) and found them within the roof cavity after a couple of minutes of searching with a gloved hand.

These cables terminate under the left hand dinette seat (standing inside the trailer and facing the table). They are labelled 'solar' at both ends.

There is also a red ethernet cable, presumably for the solar controller, that starts in the same place as the green and yellow cables under the dinette seat and terminates in the wardrobe.

I hope this helps.
Attached Images

Wake up, be bright, be golden and light.
KiwiAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 04:07 PM   #2
2 Rivet Member
2010 20' Flying Cloud
Christchurch , Canterbury
Thanks for sharing this tip! I have located the green and yellow wires also, but we haven't got the ethernet cable used for the solar controller. looks like we will need to retrofit one under the bed through to the wardrobe for the controller part.

airstreamz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 05:47 PM   #3
Rivet Master

2012 16' International
Jamestown , Rhode Island
Our 16' Bambi came with the Solar package installed from the factory. The ethernet cable you refer to does in fact connect to the controller. Airstream installed the controller on our trailer directly above the light switches next to the entry door.

We also have a factory installed inverter. That device uses an ethernet type cable and that cable is run to the closet for the inverter controller.

I have no idea of Airstream simply moved the location of the solar controller over the years or if they in fact pre wired for both devices. It might be interesting to know....
Bruce B is offline   Reply With Quote