Originally Posted by jimmini
Please some one tell me why anyone would put a panels on the roof.
1. They're out of the way, all the time.
2. Less risk of breakage due to handling them.
3. They work even when we're on the road.
4. As mentioned, they're secure - I doubt anyone is going to climb up and steal them.
5. No wires running around the campsite to trip over.
6. One less thing to set up and take down.
7. No worrying about connections that wear out after repeated use.
8. They shade the roof of the camper.
To each their own, and there are drawbacks and benefits to each approach.