So before going through the roof. The controller box receptacle was installed. The controller has no backing to it but I was concerned that objects & what-not in the cupboard could damage the electronics. A three gang plastic box with a bit of Dremel work would do just fine...
Another view of the profile
Then onto the irreversible deed...
Drilling through the roof.
That part was easy but I was most dismayed to feel that the insulation was quite damp! I initially thought that this might be due to condensation (this was January after all) but after looking more closely & after some discussion on this forum I concluded that it must be a leak and that the Plumbing vent was probably leaking.
This warrants a whole other discussion but on a less than 2 year old trailer, I don't think the plumbing vents should be failing. After completing the solar wiring, I replaced these vents with a different version & found that indeed the gaskets were the wrong shape & were leaking on both plumbing stacks. Once the caulking started to fail, there was nothing to stop water penetration.
The plan was to have the D-box mounted on the roof with a solar panel sitting over over top. AM Solar provides special 3M Tape that seems pretty skookum but a few screws & Dicor seemed in order.
Note the extra Dicor on the vent - temporary fix. Extra Dicor in the Dbox etc.
Final position: ready for the panels:
Back to the interior to install the Controller box:
With all wiring in place Voltage registers.
Big sigh. On to the solar panels another weekend...
See Part V - Solar Panel mounting