Old 02-20-2015, 12:30 PM   #29
Keen amature

1975 20' Argosy 20
Manston , Kent
Thanks Gavin, I am now looking at the Yamaha, but for one main reason; by the specs it is approx 1" narrower - may not sound much but in a 20ft motorhome (which actually means about 130" length living area), 1" is worth saving!!!!

I have an AMEX card for company use but travel a lot overseas where AMEX isn't so widely accepted, so my personal credit card is BoA Visa, seems the regular BoA banking services have no influence over the Visa department or at least that's what my branch claims anyway.

At this time of year (when we aren't camping), I actually would not have minded if Wise did have a delay in supplying, as long as they only ran my card on shipment. At least it would give them some incentive to order more.

martin300662 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 07:10 PM   #30
2 Rivet Member
2007 19' Bambi
Yorktown , Virginia
I had a similar experience in October. A friend recommended buying a Honda generator thru Wise b/c of the price and good service he received.

I ordered the generator weeks before a long weekend trip. As I watched the clock wind down, I kept calling about the back order status. At the last minute I called and cancelled the order and had to go to a nearby store to buy one off the shelf.

The refund process took some time as well, but it was refunded finally without incident. But there certainly was no shortage of generators at local big box stores, just at standard higher prices.

randf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 07:42 PM   #31
Rivet Master
Vintage Kin Owner
Lin , Ne
They must be in financial trouble. They must owe Honda money.
WiseSales Reviews - Consumer Reviews of | SiteJabber
The higher your expectations the fewer your options.
r carl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2015, 09:11 AM   #32
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Vintage Kin Owner
Virginia Beach , Virginia
Downside to Internet Buying

There IS a shortage here.

The company has had a shortage of paying it's suppliers - and as a result they have a shortage of inventory to sell. Clearly they didn't have strong financial backers, or their backing has backed out. Robust sales and good cash flow can make a business think everything is great, but if the profit margins aren't good enough or costs aren't well controlled, or your financial management isn't good, it is easy for a business to be one disaster away from failure. Right now Virginia has had freezing weather for 8 days in a row. In the coastal areas no one is prepared for this kind of weather event. Virginia Beach will probably lose 5 restaurants in the next three months because they lost 3 or 4 days of business and had to throw out food that went bad. THEN the owners find out that their "business interruption" insurance has a $5K deductible... and they have no contingency reserve.

Betcha something similar happened to this supplier - and unfortunately they're dishonest enough that they hope to keep their nostrils above water "long enough" for them to get a credit extension or SOMETHING else to resolve/fix/improve the situation.

Here is the situation for those who have already paid. Call again, tell them your next calls will be as follows:
  • The Attorney General of Illinois - credit card fraud
  • The FBI interstate commerce credit card fraud
  • your credit card provider - reporting credit card fraud
  • 10 on your side (or what ever local TV station does public service news features
  • BBB - (yawn) but why not
  • The local prosecuter - asking about forcing their company into involuntary bankruptcy
  • FTC - federal trade commission & FCC federal communications commission - interstate wire fraud
  • OR
  • they might want to get YOUR credit done within the next 30 minutes.

Seriously - you'd probably not get a whole lot of traction with most of these phone calls, but as someone who has filed an informal complaint with the FCC you eventually do get SOMETHING - not fast and not generous, but at least a refund. (Took me 9 months but I got $30 K that was owed our company back. Did the happy dance. Would have been a lot happier if it had been one or two months but ... whew it was better than never getting it back.)

I very much doubt that the FCC could take down the company's website, but just the slight chance that it could happen might make someone fly right.

Good luck
Today is a gift, that's why they call it the present.
Foiled Again is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2015, 09:25 AM   #33
Rivet Master

2007 30' Classic
Oswego , Illinois
WOW! Something's going on....

"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy." - Red Green
dznf0g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2015, 04:51 AM   #34
Keen amature

1975 20' Argosy 20
Manston , Kent
Just to close this out.....

I got my money back (yeah!), from the credit card company and a notification that they are trying to recover it from Wise Sales.

There are two Honda dealers near-by (one independent, one Honda dealership), neither would price match, so I ordered one from Northern Tool - 4 days later it arrived, same price as Wise but they at least came through with delivery!

martin300662 is offline   Reply With Quote