Old 01-28-2015, 10:09 AM   #15
Rivet Master

2009 23' FB Flying Cloud
Canmore , Alberta
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foiled Again View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong, but there's a HUGE Honda factory not 15 miles from Jackson Center, Ohio - aka "the Mothership" and I thought they manufactured those generators right there.

Paula
I believe those big Honda buildings you see here and there are for distribution, not for manufacturing. I bought a Honda EU2000is last spring, built in the Phillipines!

TinTin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 10:15 AM   #16
3 Rivet Member

2015 16' Sport
Oakville , Ontario
Will this run the AC or not ?

Old 01-28-2015, 10:34 AM   #17
Rivet Master

1986 31' Sovereign
Miami , Florida
If you have a 13.5 or 15.0k btu air conditioner, probably not. I use two paralleled EU2000i's and they have no problem.

Mike

Sent from my iPad using Airstream Forums
Goofy dog, dismissive cat
n2916s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 11:56 AM   #18
2 Rivet Member
Commercial Member

Alpharetta , Georgia
• There are plenty of Honda EU2000i generators (all versions, including standard, Companion, and Camo) in multiple Honda warehouses in the USA. While the EU2000i is Honda's most popular generator model, wholesale inventory is almost always available. Even during weather events or disasters, I've never known Honda to totally sell-out of this model.

• Honda does not ship generators to any retail customers. Honda wholesales generators and ships them to dealers, period. A retail customer having any shipping or delivery delay should contact the selling dealer directly.

• Up until about a year ago, all Honda EU2000i generators were made in Japan. Now, they are made at the Honda plant in Thailand. If you have a serial number that starts with "EAAJ" that is a Japan-build unit. Serial numbers starting with "EAET" or "EACT" are units made in Thailand.

• While Honda is the second largest employer in the state of Ohio (the state government is #1), no Honda generators are manufactured there. Honda has a large plant in Swepsonville, NC, that makes 160~190cc Honda engines, lawn mowers, mini-tillers, string trimmers, and snow blowers. The plant will be re-tooling this year to start making large 2-stage snow blowers and a yet-unannounced generator model.
Caveat: I work for Honda, but the preceding is my opinion alone.

robert@honda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 12:25 PM   #19
1 Rivet Member

2014 27' Flying Cloud
Willow street , Pennsylvania
Honda EU2000i

FYI, Just ordered one yesterday from Electric Generator Depot for $899,no taxes and free shipping.
Old 01-28-2015, 04:23 PM   #20
Keen amature

1975 20' Argosy 20
Chestfield , Kent
Quote:
Originally Posted by robert@honda View Post
• There are plenty of Honda EU2000i generators (all versions, including standard, Companion, and Camo) in multiple Honda warehouses in the USA. While the EU2000i is Honda's most popular generator model, wholesale inventory is almost always available. Even during weather events or disasters, I've never known Honda to totally sell-out of this model..
Thanks for this Robert.

At the time I originally tried to order, CW on-line was showing 'out of stock' (and our local store also didn't have them) but Wise gave no indication they would have trouble filling the order. If Honda has them, then I can only assume the issue is Wise are not ordering enough, but rather sitting on my money.

I will know better than buy from them again, but now have to try and cancel my order and get my money back so I can go elsewhere - no doubt they will be as slow at doing that as they have been about ordering the unit.....
Old 01-28-2015, 07:52 PM   #21
3 Rivet Member

2004 22' Safari
Albuquerque , New Mexico
Honda Generator Shortage?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWCHIEF View Post
I have found found 5 on line retailers and 3 local stores that have them in stock. Shortage? I do not think so.
About a month ago I saw over a dozen of them stacked at the Albuquerque Camping World. Hard to imagine how many more they had in the back. Shortage? Maybe a spot shortage but I rather doubt a nation-wide shortage. Maybe they all got shipped to the northeast to handle the Blizzard Juno fizzle.
Old 01-28-2015, 10:12 PM   #22
Rivet Master

2016 30' Classic
Erie , Colorado
Martin simply file a claim with your credit card company for non receipt of the product. They should remove it from you next billing cycle effectively giving the money back to you. That will quickly force a vendor to do the same. If they should ship to you simply refuse the shipment, don't sign for it. That's why I love Amex.
ProPride
NØVPN
ghaynes755 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2015, 06:14 AM   #23
Full time Airstreamer

2014 30' FB FC Bunk
Anywhere , USA Living.Somewhere.Yonder
Quote:
Originally Posted by robert@honda View Post
The plant will be re-tooling this year to start making large 2-stage snow blowers and a yet-unannounced generator model.
So I shouldn't buy the yamaha 2400 just yet?
Old 02-02-2015, 01:38 AM   #24
Rivet Slave

2014 27' FB International
Western WA , Washington
Any web-based retailer who wants to charge your card in advance of shipping you a standard item that is out-of-stock is one I would avoid. There's no reason to charge the card until the item is back in stock and ready for shipment.

If that happened to me and they were reluctant to cancel the order and immediately push the credit back to my card, I would complain to my bank about the fraudulent charge and ask them to intervene so I could get the money back and then order my generator from a more customer-focused supplier.
Old 02-02-2015, 12:32 PM   #25
Keen amature

1975 20' Argosy 20
Chestfield , Kent
Unfortunately my bank 'requires' that I notify the seller that I want to cancel the order (which I did), then wait 15 days before they will start the process of recovering the charge, to 'allow the seller the opportunity to voluntarily issue a refund', BS!

I certainly would not recommend anyone purchase from WiseSales in future.
Old 02-02-2015, 01:11 PM   #26
Rivet Slave

2014 27' FB International
Western WA , Washington
Wow. I would also switch banks. Immediately.

Rocinante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 12:36 PM   #27
Keen amature

1975 20' Argosy 20
Chestfield , Kent
Well here we are now approaching 8 weeks after I placed the order with WiseSales for the EU2000i and they billed my credit card.

More so, it is 3 weeks after I finally lost patients and cancelled the order, and they they promised a full refund.

It is also a week after I gave up waiting for the refund from them (Dorothy on their custom service has been very nice about it, happily reporting they have such a back-log of making refunds because so many are cancelling - I did point out that wasn't my problem!) and reached the 15 day limit (after cancellation) which enabled me to raise a dispute of the charges.....but still no money back so I can go buy a unit from someone that has them in stock!!!!
Old 02-20-2015, 01:12 PM   #28
4 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
z , North Carolina
Time for American Express

Martin,
Sorry to hear of your troubles with Wise. I almost ordered from them. Glad I didn't. I just went to my local Yamaha dealer and he gave me a price of $879 for an EF2000is. That's a damn good price. $966 out-the-door.

Two points to be made here.

Go with the Yamaha. Better unit IMHO. Cheaper too. No need to pay for the Honda name, and who wants a red generator anyway?

Drop that credit card and get yourself an American Express card. You cannot touch their customer service. One call to them would have already had credit placed back onto your card by the very next bidniz day, and a dispute opened vs Wise Sales. The retailer is forced to respond. I have been with them since 1990. They are the best in the credit card industry. Did I mention you get points that you can redeem on Amazon.com?

Git u one!

Gavin