Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Electrical - Systems, Generators, Batteries & Solar > Generators & Solar Power
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 02-01-2005, 09:22 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

2005 30' Classic S/O
Centerville , Utah
Remote Generator Interface Option on 2005 Classic

I am having trouble finding the correct cable to connect my paralleled Honda EU2000's to the generator interface plug on the front of the trailer. The generator parallel kit has a 30 amp female RV plug. The trailer has a male "twist-type" plug.

Any words of wisdom are appreciated.

Thanks
Tom Riley
tomriley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2005, 03:53 AM   #2
Rivet Master

2004 30' Classic
Field and Stream , PA & MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomriley
I am having trouble finding the correct cable to connect my paralleled Honda EU2000's to the generator interface plug on the front of the trailer. The generator parallel kit has a 30 amp female RV plug. The trailer has a male "twist-type" plug.

Any words of wisdom are appreciated.

Thanks
Tom Riley
Tom -

I bought my cable from Airstream when I was at the plant for some warranty work last October. It wasn't cheap - about $115 as I recall.

Alternatively, I believe you could make your own for less cost. Someplace like Home Depot or Lowes probably has the right sized plugs and cable.

I never thought about this myself until the electric went out one day in the RV park where we were staying last Fall - right in the middle of a good college football game. No problem me thinks - I'll just fire up the trusty Honda Eu2000i and try out that new fancy (meaning "expensive Airstream Option") remote generator interface. NOT!! Oh well, live and learn!

John
Old 02-02-2005, 07:15 AM   #3
DayStreamer

2001 19' Bambi
Mesa , Arizona
I believe my parallel setup is from GenTrac. It mounts on one of the two Honda EU2000s and the electrical connection is made with two banana type plugs into receptacles on the lower part of the Honda connector face. You don't use the Honda plug-in receptacles to connect them in parallel. Your trailer plug should plug directly into the Parallel setup -- if not, you may need an adapter (I know Camping world has one because I got one for my twist-lock connector on a 4000 watt Yamaha generator)

02 Avalanche

Mesa Arizona
AIR #5591

grizzy is offline   Reply With Quote