Old 08-08-2016, 06:54 AM   #57
Rivet Master

2014 30' Classic
2015 23' International
2013 25' FB International
Apache Junction , Arizona
There is a propane tank adapter that provides two outlets. The are usually in stock at Amazon

Camco 59133 Brass 90 Tee with 3 ports

Lasco 17-5361 Propane Fitting Tee with 1-Male QCC and 2-Female QCC (several similar models)

WBCCI Life Member 5123, AIR 70341, 4CU, WD9EMC

TV - 2012 Dodge 2500 4x4 Cummins HO, automatic, Centramatics, Kelderman level ride airbag suspension, bed shell

2014 31' Classic model 30 twin beds, 50 amp service, 900 watt solar system, Centramatics, Dill TPMS, disc brakes, 16" tires & wheels
switz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 07:43 AM   #58
Rivet Master

2013 28' Flying Cloud
Central , Saskatchewan
Originally Posted by riffin-rich View Post
Doug, check and ... There are others too, but these are the two most popular, IMHO. genconnex does propane only and propane and/or natural gas ... US Carb (motorsnorkel) does all three (gasoline, propane and/or natural gas) but has an externally bolted on appendage. You need to visit the sites and query a lot to inform your decision. Rocinante's video earlier in this thread is awesome to show you the genconnex solution... Bottom line: only you can decide on your needs and compromises. Note I have neither yet. Good luck!

Thanks for this rich:

I'm thinking i'm better off with the internal system coming from genconnect, They don't show a DIY kit for my EU3000i-handi on their site so I will try and call them today and see if they can help me. Because I already own the Honda 3000i-handi DIY seems to be my only option.
Thanks again for the links and comments

Trying to use my camera to create memories - not photographs!

WBCCI #2525 (Region-10 Unit #120)
Air #85270
Arcticfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 11:30 AM   #59
4 Rivet Member

2015 25' FB Flying Cloud
Portland , Oregon
Send a message via AIM to hhendrix Send a message via Yahoo to hhendrix
I have the US Carb twin Yamahas tri-fuel 2000W inverters. I have used them on gas and propane, but not yet natural gas. They clearly run better on propane. I've had them for at least five years. Recently, we upgraded from a 2009 27' Flying Cloud FB to a 2015 Flying Cloud FB with dual air. Before going to the Region 10 rally in Kalispell, MT, I did a test run with the inverters and the A/C. They ran either A/C just fine but don't have enough power to run both so I didn't even try.
When we got to Kalispell rally, it was at the fairgrounds with limited power and water. It was in the low 90's and the elevation is about 3000'. The inverters would start either A/C but after a few minutes, the A/C would shut down. The inverters were supplied with a separate large propane tank and I checked their performance thinking the altitude might be affecting the power output. I did that by adjusting the air/fuel inlet valve watching the rpm. US Carb conversions come with rpm and hour meters. Any adjustment from its current setting reduced the rpm and the smooth running of the inverters.
So I'm at a loss to determine why the A/C would start, run for about 5 minutes (the compressor would kick in and cool air would start), and then shut down. The A/C fan would work but not the compressor.
In a recent Blue Beret article, there is a discussion about "hard start capacitor" conversion to the A/C which is supposed to work better when using the generators or inverters. Since my A/C will start but not maintain, I'm not sure the conversion is the answer.
I've been reading a lot about the use of these hard start capacitors and like the forums here, opinions are all over the board, even among so called career professionals.
Is there anyone here with similar experiences? I'm not trying to hijack this thread, but since for most the primary use is to be able to run an A/C, I think it appropriate for readers to know that there are issues to operation the A/C off generators and inverters.
The ability to follow instructions is highly underrated.
hhendrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 03:06 PM   #60
Rivet Master

2015 30' Classic
2012 28' International
Greensboro , North Carolina
Arctic fox.....the USCarb folks kit does work with your Honda EU300i Handi. I have the exact same generator and bought the kit while I was at the Lewisburg rally. It IS a bit more complex installing it into the 3000i, as you do need to loosen the carb which involves loosening a couple of other pieces to get to it. Anyway, they do sell a kit that fits and it works just fine. Barry

"SilverLeaf II" 2015 30' Classic
2014 RAM 2500 Laramie 4x4 CC w/6.7L Cummins
ProPride 3P
AIR# 58452
WBCCI # 3430-Unit 21
BAB is offline   Reply With Quote