Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-28-2011, 10:21 AM   #81
3 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Sunset Beach , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROBERT CROSS View Post
Rion

I bought this little guy when I did the conversion just so I could get things sorted out before attempting the AS tank adapt. Runs so well for so long, (20+hrs) I never did change over.

Bob
Bob,

I have to say that is a neat little guy, where to you carry him, in the coach or in the burb? Thank you for posting the pictures in this thread, they give me some better ideas that what I originally had.

Cheers,
Rion
GinMame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 10:47 AM   #82
"Cloudsplitter"

2003 25' Classic
Houstatlantavegas , Malebolgia
Rion,

Your welcome....

The Classic has a rear "trunk" above the bumper. Fits in there nicely.

We left on a camping trip two daze after I finished the conversion and that little rascal lasted the whole 2wks, averaged 2hrs per day. Actually it has worked out pretty well as I'm not limited by the length of the supply line to the AS tanks. Usually run it in a small tent at the rear away from the front living area so you don't even realize it's running.

My pockets are full of the tuit's I never got around too...

Bob
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	piseco_20lake_20camping_20july_202008_20087.jpg
Views:	120
Size:	88.6 KB
ID:	141193  
Old 10-02-2011, 04:26 PM   #83
3 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Sunset Beach , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROBERT CROSS View Post
Usually run it in a small tent at the rear away from the front living area so you don't even realize it's running.
Bob,

I never would have thought about that, but that is a great idea! Keeps the generator dry and the noise level down in the Airstream.

OK, so I'm off to REI and look at small tents now...

Happy Airstreaming,
Rion
GinMame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 06:38 PM   #84
"Cloudsplitter"

2003 25' Classic
Houstatlantavegas , Malebolgia
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by GinMame View Post
Bob,

I never would have thought about that, but that is a great idea! Keeps the generator dry and the noise level down in the Airstream.

OK, so I'm off to REI and look at small tents now...

Happy Airstreaming,
Rion
Rion,

If you do get a small tent for the generator....run it with at least one window and the door open as in the pic. It won't do much for noise but it does keep prying eye's away. I put two 3' long 2x4's on the ground under the tent, and sit the gen on them. That way if it does rain it won't be sitting in water.
In a real downpour we usually shut it down & close it up anyway.

Bob
Old 12-25-2011, 02:00 PM   #85
Rivet Master

1978 24' Argosy 24
Woodinville , Washington
Question about the throttle position. I have the EF2800i. After letting it sit for over a year it won't start. Will run on ether (carb cleaner or starting fluid from the spray canJ). I've had it apart and cleaned out all the jets and passages. Still no go on gasoline. If the fuel petcock is left on for a while the first or second pull it will fire for maybe 3-4 cycles.

I have the natural gas/propane conversion kit but would really like to see this run again on gasoline before altering the carburetor. I have it apart again and I'm noticing the throttle valve seems to be "stuck" in the wide open position. I'm wondering if this is why I can't get it to run except on ether? Should a spring or throttle motor assembly be pulling/pushing this closed? When it's not in eco-mode I didn't think the throttle motor did anything but I'm not at all sure about that. There seems to be some very light spring tension but the valve is fairly stiff to move.

Any idea??
bhayden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011, 03:46 PM   #86
Rivet Master

1978 24' Argosy 24
Woodinville , Washington
I took the throttle motor assembly off and then the return spring easily closes the throttle valve. I put the carb back together and tried it on the generator without the throttle motor. It seemed to want to start but still wouldn't keep running. It was also leaking gasoline from the carb so I think I may have installed the float upside down or done something to prevent the shut off for the float bowl from closing correctly .
Old 12-25-2011, 11:12 PM   #87
2 Rivet Member

2008 25' Classic
Las Vegas , Nevada
This may be an overly simple question but are you using fresh gasoline?

Gas has a very short shelf life but maybe you already know that especially when there's ethanol added by the refinery.

If you plan to store any gasoline fueled system for very long either drain it completely or add a product like Stabile to the fuel. Even with Stabile though you won't get a year out shelf life with a finicky carb / motor system.

Just a thought...

Thanks again to all those here who helped me or tried and listened to my whining about my US Carb fiasco.

Robert
robstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 11:01 AM   #88
Rivet Master

1978 24' Argosy 24
Woodinville , Washington
I've flushed the tank several times and cleaned the carb twice. I believe the old gas may have caused the problem to begin with but now I'm not so sure that's all that's wrong. I'm begining to suspect the the throttle motor assembly but I don't know how that's supposed to act so I'm not sure how to test it. If it's supposed to close the throttle at start-up I don't think it is doing that.