Old 09-19-2011, 10:15 PM   #57
1 Rivet Member

san diego , California
Getting ready to make the mount!

Almost there! I got the valve installed!
Anyone else put a valve in?
More pictures would be great!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	valve.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	311.8 KB
ID:	140581  

Old 09-20-2011, 06:01 AM   #58
CLOUDSPLITTER "Tahawas"

2003 25' Classic
Zanadude Nebula , WNY
YEP!!

Works great....
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	PROPANE CONVERSION, HONDA 2000 014.jpg
Views:	131
Size:	286.3 KB
ID:	140605  

“After all these years the reason I continue to love Thanksgiving.....I still sit at the kids table.”
RLC

Sandra wanted to go to Cleveland on vacation,
but I’m the Husband, so we went to Cleveland.
RLC
ROBERT CROSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 11:27 AM   #59

2002 19' Bambi
Richmond , Virginia
Gas valve on 2400is

My install is very similar, except that I put the valve in the propane line after it went through the housing. I have to take the side cover off, however I did this to remind me to change out the plugs for the difference in gap...otherwise I would have put it outside. The box I use to store the unit on the front end of my SUV on the cargo carrier (I mounted a receiver on the front end for this purpose) is a Contico with wheels on one end and a hinged top. The 2400is fits in perfectly along with my ground stake and propane/quick connect line, an extra quart of oil and the 12 volt lines. One other comment - Yamaha has come out with a new high performance version of the 2400is. This machine has added benefits and one big down side - you trade the added high performance capacity for the parallel option of stringing two units together. I wanted the option of adding a second unit, bringing my capacity up to 4800 so I would still stay with the 2400is if I was buying today. However, I understand that the new version has a little bit more start up capacity for those with close calls on their AC's - particularly on hard start 13,500s where some seem to be fine and others are very borderline. The contico container on the cargo carrier on the front of the SUV eliminates having to carry the generator inside the vehicle and allows for an off ground station for it with the line running from the generator on the front of the SUV to the tanks on board my airstream...perfect set-up for my purposes.
Old 09-21-2011, 01:01 PM   #60
1 Rivet Member

san diego , California
Sounds like a great setup!

I just got new pics for the new people to see!

Hope this helps!
Attached Images

Old 09-21-2011, 01:02 PM   #61
1 Rivet Member

san diego , California
pic 2

pic 2
Attached Images

Old 09-23-2011, 02:12 AM   #62
Rivet Master

1978 24' Argosy 24
Woodinville , Washington
OK, I bought the kit about three years ago and then life turned upside down. I'm back to wanting to install the Natural Gas/Propane only option. Hopefully I've got all the parts sitting here on my desk. I didn't start the Yamaha 2800 for a couple of years and now it won't fire on gasoline. Tried draining the tank and carb a couple of times and spraying carb cleaner. It will fire and run on starter spray and carb cleaner but won't keep running on gasoline. I'd like to know that it's working before "converting" but I'm not sure it's worth it to pay for repairs when I intend to do away with gasoline operation all together ASAP. Thoughts on what besides gummed up jets could be preventing the generator from running (except on ether or carb cleaner spray)? I swapped out the spark plug and it's still the same. Obviously something with the carburetor and it's related to sitting unused.
Old 09-23-2011, 10:01 PM   #63
1 Rivet Member

san diego , California
I would try to take the carb apart and clean the jets! Or soak the carb in a bath of carb cleaner! Better yet just put the kit in and run on lp!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhayden View Post
OK, I bought the kit about three years ago and then life turned upside down. I'm back to wanting to install the Natural Gas/Propane only option. Hopefully I've got all the parts sitting here on my desk. I didn't start the Yamaha 2800 for a couple of years and now it won't fire on gasoline. Tried draining the tank and carb a couple of times and spraying carb cleaner. It will fire and run on starter spray and carb cleaner but won't keep running on gasoline. I'd like to know that it's working before "converting" but I'm not sure it's worth it to pay for repairs when I intend to do away with gasoline operation all together ASAP. Thoughts on what besides gummed up jets could be preventing the generator from running (except on ether or carb cleaner spray)? I swapped out the spark plug and it's still the same. Obviously something with the carburetor and it's related to sitting unused.
Old 09-23-2011, 10:08 PM   #64
1 Rivet Member

san diego , California
Finished mounting!!!!!!!!

Now does anyone know where to get 10 feet on hose and a quick connect fitting?
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	2300ishc.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	263.4 KB
ID:	140862  
Old 09-24-2011, 08:17 AM   #65
Rivets?

1992 29' Excella
2010 22' Interstate
Van By The River , Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandiegoguy View Post
Now does anyone know where to get 10 feet on hose and a quick connect fitting?
Most local propane suppliers/dealers will make a hose for you. Look them up in the yellow pages.

Otherwise, MB Sturgis sells many parts online. Make sure the male and female portions of the quick-disconnect will mate. There are several brands/types.

I bought 50 feet of hose, an arrangement of "T's", a cutoff valve and other accessories so I can run a propane fire pit, gas grill and other accessories at the same time. MB Sturgis helped me work out all the details.

Lucius
2005 Chevrolet Suburban K2500 8.1L
Got a cooped-up feeling, gotta get out of town, got those Airstream campin' blues...
nvestysly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 08:34 AM   #66
CLOUDSPLITTER "Tahawas"

2003 25' Classic
Zanadude Nebula , WNY
Got ours from US Carb when ordering, but most suppliers should have what you need.

Bob

“After all these years the reason I continue to love Thanksgiving.....I still sit at the kids table.”
RLC

RLC
Old 09-24-2011, 08:36 AM   #67
4 Rivet Member

2007 27' Safari FB SE
LONDON , ON
I found that Lowes had a decent selection of BBQ hoses and brass fittings.
Old 09-24-2011, 10:31 PM   #68
1 Rivet Member

san diego , California
Thanks!!!

Got the fitting today!! Ran the 2400 on propane for the first time and it was not starting my AC unit! Played with it for a while and tried to adjust the valve just right but still have a problem starting the ac. Anyone know if you just need to do micro adjustments on the screw? Ran on gas and no problem starting the AC. Tried again and sometimes it started but most times it did not! I do have a 12 foot hose from the propane bottle. Also I regaped the plug to .020 Anyone know what the RPM's are at idle and full power?
THanks
Doug
Old 09-25-2011, 06:23 AM   #69
CLOUDSPLITTER "Tahawas"

2003 25' Classic
Zanadude Nebula , WNY
sandiegoguy,

One thing I learned, very minor adjustments a little at a time. It don't take much. Turn screw let idle stabilize, adjust to highest smooth idle.
Took a little trail and error at first.

Bob

RLC

RLC
Old 09-25-2011, 06:49 AM   #70
4 Rivet Member

2007 27' Safari FB SE
LONDON , ON
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandiegoguy View Post
Got the fitting today!! Ran the 2400 on propane for the first time and it was not starting my AC unit! Played with it for a while and tried to adjust the valve just right but still have a problem starting the ac. Anyone know if you just need to do micro adjustments on the screw? Ran on gas and no problem starting the AC. Tried again and sometimes it started but most times it did not! I do have a 12 foot hose from the propane bottle. Also I regaped the plug to .020 Anyone know what the RPM's are at idle and full power?
THanks
Doug
I find it takes very small adjustments to hit the peak RPM's. As stated earlier, make a small adjustment then let it stabilize for 30-45 seconds.

Without load mine runs at about 2650 rpm. Full power is a bit less but the generator does kick in to compensate for the draw so I don't believe the RPM's are that much lower.