Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-02-2010, 09:04 AM   #1

New York , New York
Making an Argosy RV solar

I am considering buying an Arogsy RV and am wondering what the possibilities are of making it solar capable? And if so, does anyone have an idea of how much it may cost? Or is it possible to convert to some form of biodiesel?

Thanks!
mazzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 09:26 PM   #2
3 Rivet Member

1974 31' Sovereign
Nashville , Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by mazzy View Post
I am considering buying an Arogsy RV and am wondering what the possibilities are of making it solar capable? And if so, does anyone have an idea of how much it may cost? Or is it possible to convert to some form of biodiesel?

Thanks!
ALOT!! I guess that's relative. Anyways, I'm in the same boat. I'm trying to piece a solar system together, but I bought the AS with panels already on top and nothing below.

The only differences, I'm seeing, are the panels and the solar controller. Everyone would benefit from a bigger battery bank(s) and better products.
This is definitely a case of blind leading the blind ( I personally don't like that saying).

I've been working my way through as much of RoadKingMoe 's post as I can.
Sorry everyone else.. I had to start somewhere and it's taking me a minute. There's a lot of other post I have and haven't gotten to, there's just so much. I'm sure I'm not helping the issue with this post. I think the reason there is so much to sort through is because there is so much to sort through. I love it all, but I kinda wish someone would go through and highlight the moments of clarity and agreement between oppositions, then copy it to another, new, section for reference sake. Or something?!
nomader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 09:29 PM   #3
Rivet Master

1983 34' Excella
1967 24' Tradewind
Little Rock , Arkansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomader View Post
... I kinda wish someone would go through and highlight the moments of clarity and agreement between oppositions, then copy it to another, new, section for reference sake. Or something?!
Feel free to do that.
Old 03-03-2010, 12:46 AM   #4
3 Rivet Member

1974 31' Sovereign
Nashville , Tennessee
That would be more of the blind leading the blind. Maybe in a few years, if I ever figure all this stuff out.

I've made that comment/post before, I got a response that it would be very insulting to many. Yes it would, and so much of this stuff is opinion, I guess?

There must be a way.

I've never figured out how to search this site effectively

I'm sure I'm missing, multiple, somethings.
Old 03-03-2010, 07:22 AM   #5
Rivet Master

1983 34' Excella
1967 24' Tradewind
Little Rock , Arkansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomader View Post
That would be more of the blind leading the blind. Maybe in a few years, if I ever figure all this stuff out.

I've made that comment/post before, I got a response that it would be very insulting to many. Yes it would, and so much of this stuff is opinion, I guess?

There must be a way.

I've never figured out how to search this site effectively

I'm sure I'm missing, multiple, somethings.
You're right, much is opinion. And sometimes the responses can get a bit sharp. I didn't mean my response that way, and I hope you didn't take that way.

Ther reason that organizing everything here seems like such a daunting task is because it would be a daunting, if not impossible, task. Sort of a microcosm of organizing the Internet.

The same thing applies to both, use the Search feature here like you would on the whole Internet. On the forums, I have found the Google Search to be the most useful. Then again, I use Google on the Internet. Using keywords effectively can help locate things, but there are always going to be the opinions, personal exchanges, and other "noise" that you find on any search.

One thing that helps me is if I can remember what member posted something I am trying to find, I use their identity as one of the keywords. I even use this to quickly locate my own posts and threads. It can be faster than working through the forums for an old thread or post.

Also, missing multiple things may not be entirely a bad thing either.
Old 03-03-2010, 07:30 AM   #6
4 Rivet Member

1962 22' Flying Cloud
Bend , Oregon
Contact AM Solar..they are the experts! Tell them John & Kate sent you. Business (541) 726-1091
FLYNCLD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 01:05 AM   #7
3 Rivet Member

1974 31' Sovereign
Nashville , Tennessee
It didn't sound insulting at first, but I've made a habit of re-reading into things, and a habit of assuming the best option. most of the time.
I figured it wasn't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vswingfield View Post

Also, missing multiple things may not be entirely a bad thing either.

how true..

I read your post about the inverter, I think I'll have the same placement of things. But I have so much more to read and reread..

I was "thinking", I don't see why I couldn't rewire a honda/yamaha/ect generator and use the inverters that come on them. I wouldn't know where to begin, but it's all there..?

AM solar? I'll check it out.
I was completely amazed by www.partsonsale.com
I called their sales person, and they were NO help. This wouldn't have normally bothered me, but their claims on their website just make the whole incident hilarious. That's after an hour or two of me just ranting around spouting off about how the world going to the sh***er.. I'm just so sick of people talking down about other companies/people to make them selves look good. I guess I'm still not over it. Mainly because so many people buy into it and get taken.

ahh ok I'm officially over it.
Old 03-04-2010, 07:16 AM   #8
4 Rivet Member

1962 22' Flying Cloud
Bend , Oregon
You can check out our solar installation at:

http://www.ecodiscoverytour.com/thef...larsystem.html
FLYNCLD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 11:46 PM   #9
3 Rivet Member

1974 31' Sovereign
Nashville , Tennessee
oh wow.. to the whole -----
not to mention how pretty your wiring/setup looks
I definitely will.
It seems a few aspects I started out with hit the back burner. I guess I shouldn't have one of those, maybe a Emergency solar powered heating element. lol
Old 03-09-2010, 01:00 AM   #10
3 Rivet Member

1974 31' Sovereign
Nashville , Tennessee
I posted a new thread titled solar 6024 or 2000. I talked to the people at AM solar, they kinda had me on the 30d route. If I'm going to spend that kinda cash I might as well start looking at Roadkingmoe's ideal route, the 6024 got me interested.

Tags
solar power