Old 08-28-2008, 06:20 PM   #15
CLOUDSPLITTER "Tahawas"

2003 25' Classic
Zanadude Nebula , WNY
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim A. View Post
I also have converted a Honda generator (an EU2000i) to propane, also using a kit from US Carburetion (http://www.propane-generators.com/). The generator works great. The conversion is for low-pressure gas and, using parts from US Carburetion, I have a quick disconnnect for the low-pressure (after the regulator) supply to the trailer. It was possible to put all of the conversion stuff inside the generator by cutting out part of the gas tank and using that for a mounting bracket. Attached is a picture.
Tim
When did you purchase your Kit? Your regulator sure looks different than ours. It may be that ours is a dual mode, LPG or petrol. It sure works great on both.
I wanted to hide ours but it was just to large.

It ran 27hrs on the bottle pictured.
When this bottle ran out, just open the petcock, start up and go get some more LPG. We now carry only carry enough petrol to top up the tank.
The tach is also an hour meter and will give you service reminders.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	PROPANE CONVERSION, HONDA 2000 001.jpg
Views:	231
Size:	344.6 KB
ID:	66475   Click image for larger version

Name:	PROPANE CONVERSION, HONDA 2000 005.jpg
Views:	202
Size:	203.1 KB
ID:	66476  

“After all these years the reason I continue to love Thanksgiving.....I still sit at the kids table.”
RLC

Sandra wanted to go to Cleveland on vacation,
but I’m the Husband, so we went to Cleveland.
RLC
ROBERT CROSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 07:19 PM   #16
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

1954 22' Safari
Deerfield , Illinois
Send a message via AIM to bredlo
Quote:
Originally Posted by byamcaravanner View Post
Good plan - good price.

Pair this with a good battery set-up and you should be able to pull up and camp just about anywhere. I'll meet you in the Brat Stop parking lot.
I'd do that - and then hit the outlets.

Old 08-28-2008, 11:37 PM   #17
Rivet Master

2002 19' Bambi
Lafayette , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROBERT CROSS View Post
Tim
When did you purchase your Kit? Your regulator sure looks different than ours. It may be that ours is a dual mode, LPG or petrol. It sure works great on both.
Well, it was a couple years ago and the generator only runs on propane. That made it easy to conceal the regulator in the cut-open gas (as in petrol) tank. I think my pictures show how I did it.

Tim
Old 08-29-2008, 06:57 AM   #18
Moderator Emeritus

1972 31' Sovereign
High Springs , Florida
Send a message via AIM to Pick
You might get an hour or so out of a disposable bottle. But those are not very economical at all, they are only 1 lb of propane.

If I am going boondocking for a 3 day weekend, I have a 33 GALLON propane tank, that I can put in the bed of the truck. I've got a 40, two 30's on the A/S and a couple of 20's I can use also.

Those ready filled BBQ grill tanks at gas stations and the like are only filled to 17 lbs.
Lots of Hot Sauce!
Air # 283
WBCCI 1350
Pick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 01:50 PM   #19
Rivet Master

2010 27' FB Classic
N/A , Texas
Just a couple more questions. Can one propane bottle(11 gal) have enough pressure to run 2 of the generators together? What is needed beside the 2 propane conversion kits to do the complete changeover? Some type of "Y" connection to connect both gens to the bottle?
Old 08-29-2008, 02:23 PM   #20
CLOUDSPLITTER "Tahawas"

2003 25' Classic
Zanadude Nebula , WNY
LPG conversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dooley View Post
Just a couple more questions. Can one propane bottle(11 gal) have enough pressure to run 2 of the generators together? What is needed beside the 2 propane conversion kits to do the complete changeover? Some type of "Y" connection to connect both gens to the bottle?
Yes you can run two off one bottle.
Here is a link that will be able to answer all your questions about the conversion kits available,give them a call. You must take into consideration that converting a new unit WILL void the warranty. Ours was two years old when we made the switch. But again I can't stress enough how pleased we are with the results. When this company first offered the conversion for the 2000 it required the owner to take off the carb and drill the venturi for the installation of the LPG supply line. You now send the carb to them and they do that operation.
Hope this helps.

Generator Conversion Kits to Propane and Natural Gas.

“After all these years the reason I continue to love Thanksgiving.....I still sit at the kids table.”
RLC

RLC
Old 08-29-2008, 03:45 PM   #21
4 Rivet Member

2007 27' Safari FB SE
LONDON , ON
FWIW, I checked with Yamaha before doing the propane conversion on my 2400 and they said it would NOT void the warranty.

I recently got all the lines finished and now have a quick connect between the 2 tanks which is plumbed in after the trailer regulator. Now I can connect the generator or the Weber BabyQ to the quick connect.

If anyone has questions on doing the gas plumbing let me know since I sure learned a lot doing it over the past 2 months.
Old 08-30-2008, 08:10 AM   #22
Rivet Master

2010 27' FB Classic
N/A , Texas
Robert Cross, Thanks for the info and the link. I'm sending you a PM on another subject.
Old 09-20-2008, 10:07 PM   #23
2 Rivet Member

1975 27' Overlander
saucier , Mississippi
do the generators use more propane than gas a freind told me he converted a 5000 honda to propane and it used so much he put it back to gas propane being almost as much as gas
Old 09-21-2008, 07:10 AM   #24
Well Preserved

1993 21' Sovereign
Colfax , North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by clinton2292 View Post
do the generators use more propane than gas a freind told me he converted a 5000 honda to propane and it used so much he put it back to gas propane being almost as much as gas
LP has roughly the same BTU content as gasoline. Therefore, it will use nearly as much LP as gasoline. The reason most people do the conversion is so they don't have to carry cans of gas around, and have to shut the generator down every few hours to refill. Also, LP is cleaner-burning, smells better around the campsite when running, and your generator will last longer between rebuilds.
Old 09-22-2008, 02:57 PM   #25
3 Rivet Member

1964 24' Tradewind
Big Bear Lake , California
Yes, Yes, Yes, but maybe no!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROBERT CROSS View Post
Tim
I wanted to hide ours but it was just to large.

It ran 27hrs on the bottle pictured.
When this bottle ran out, just open the petcock, start up and go get some more LPG. We now carry only carry enough petrol to top up the tank.
The tach is also an hour meter and will give you service reminders.
Hi All,
I'd like to get the Honda 2000 cause it's smaller and lighter and I'd like to run it off LP but have the gasoline as an option as well. Robert Cross above says he's got both systems. I believe him. I saw a post on UTube demonstrating the Honda EU2000i running on LP and then with a flick of a switch, the unit ran on gasoline.
The problem I have is when I go to the US Carb site, which seems to be the only place I can find to get the conversion kit, their conversion product matrix list says NO for the Honda EU2000i to run on both fuels.
Anybody have an explaination?
Thanks,
Ed
Old 09-23-2008, 01:47 PM   #26
CLOUDSPLITTER "Tahawas"

2003 25' Classic
Zanadude Nebula , WNY
Ed
This is the link I used when ordering.

http://www.propane-generators.com/eu2000i_kits.htm

After checking specs and a phone call to order the rest is pretty straight forward. I don't have the paperwork handy or I'd give you the part numbers.

I guess from what folks have said here, they have been really hard to contact by phone.....good luck.

For those interested, got 27hrs on the meter with an 11lb tank, average use, no a/c.

RLC

RLC
Old 09-23-2008, 02:02 PM   #27
Rivet Master

1968 28' Ambassador
Cedaredge , Colorado
here's a site that sells Honda set up with triple fuel.. Propane,gas, and natural gas...
Triple-Fuel Honda EU2000i Inverter Generator

May you have at least one sunny day, and a soft chair to sit in..

2008 5.7 L V8 Sequoia
AIR # 31243
WBCCI # 6987
FOUR CORNERS UNIT
purman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 06:36 PM   #28
3 Rivet Member

1964 24' Tradewind
Big Bear Lake , California
Thank you all for the answer(s). Now my only question is what size is my AC unit!!!! I've had the cover off and looked and only found a serial number, but no unit data. Ain't that the way it goes?!
Ed