Old 12-24-2014, 11:56 AM   #15
Rivet Master

2008 25' Classic
Wichita Falls , Texas
The Yamaha 3000is may be something to consider. Cheaper than a Handi but still heavy at 150lbs dry. Noise specs similar to Honda.

Yamaha 2400is is supposed to handle 13.5kBTU AC but I'm not sure there is an extended tank available as the Honda.

Champion 3100 (Handi like) is the cheapest and from what I've read is good bang for you buck.

Old 12-24-2014, 12:46 PM   #16
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Nowhere , Somewhere
I think the 3000 handi is a lot noisier than the othe Honda 3000, according to Honda specs. It's noisier than a 2000 ?

Old 12-24-2014, 01:18 PM   #17
retired USA/USAF

2001 30' Excella
Somerset , New Jersey
There's an interesting U-Tube video on an easy modification to the standard fuel tank cap to give extended run time. Has anyone tried something along those lines ???

" Democracy is the worst form of government. Except for all the rest"
Winston Churchill 1948

TAC - NJ 18

polarlyse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2014, 01:25 PM   #18
Rivet Master

Vintage Kin Owner
Lin , Ne
The handi output is less than the EU3000is. You do Yamaha fans always infiltrate Honda threads? I give them credit for being in 2nd place.
Old 12-29-2014, 02:35 PM   #19
Rivet Master

2015 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Western , ** Big Sky Country ** Montana
Quote:
Originally Posted by polarlyse View Post
There's an interesting U-Tube video on an easy modification to the standard fuel tank cap to give extended run time. Has anyone tried something along those lines ???
Yes, it is an easy adaptation of the stock fuel cap. Or, you can buy (as I did) a metal cap that is already drilled and tapped for an NPT fitting. The fuel pump in the 2000 will pull fuel from a vented container below or level with the generator. We used an outboard motor fuel tank.
I was told that the same caps work on the 3000 Handi as well, but frankly, we never had to test the run time as we traded in one of the EU2000i pair and went for the 3000is due to less noise... the fuel capacity for the 3000is has proven more than adequate for our needs.
Old 12-29-2014, 09:07 PM   #20
KCN
3 Rivet Member

1962 26' Overlander
Jackson , Wyoming
Wise Sales

I see someone posted a link to Wise Sales - can't say I'd ever do business with them....I ordered a Honda generator and the extended run gas tank Nov 17 - showed in-stock, expected ship 2-3 days. Order went through, got my confirmation...never heard from them again. Called twice. Each time said it was "backordered but you're the next to ship..." Card payment went through, still no generator. Third time I called in mid-December, they said it was still backordered so I decided to cancel the order. The salesman said they'd, "let me know when the cancellation went through" and flat out hung up on me. I called again last week, the cancelled transaction has still not processed but they "don't know why."

I understand this is a popular generator. But I can't think of any reason for this kind of poor service. Had it shown "backordered" to begin with, I wouldn't have placed the order initially.

Trying to get my money back...that's the real issue now.

Just passing on my experience. Caveat emptor and all that.
Old 12-29-2014, 09:45 PM   #21
Zil
3 Rivet Member

Vintage Kin Owner
Currently Looking...
egg harbor city , South Jersey
Mayberry is a good dealer. Honda Generators Inverter Series - Mayberrys.com
Old 12-29-2014, 09:46 PM   #22
2 Rivet Member

Vintage Kin Owner
Austin , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by KCN View Post
I see someone posted a link to Wise Sales - can't say I'd ever do business with them....I ordered a Honda generator and the extended run gas tank Nov 17 - showed in-stock, expected ship 2-3 days. Order went through, got my confirmation...never heard from them again. Called twice. Each time said it was "backordered but you're the next to ship..." Card payment went through, still no generator. Third time I called in mid-December, they said it was still backordered so I decided to cancel the order. The salesman said they'd, "let me know when the cancellation went through" and flat out hung up on me. I called again last week, the cancelled transaction has still not processed but they "don't know why."

I understand this is a popular generator. But I can't think of any reason for this kind of poor service. Had it shown "backordered" to begin with, I wouldn't have placed the order initially.

Exact same deal / story here...................except I did not cancel - finally got it about a month after the order.
Old 12-29-2014, 10:04 PM   #23
2 Rivet Member

2014 25' FB Flying Cloud
Prescott , Arizona
Un-Wise Sales

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCN View Post

Ditto on the bad experience with Wise Sales. After placing an order for a pair of Honda EU2000i generators "In-Stock" (Nov. 28) the only thing I received was excuses. Last night I sent a message (to Wise) asking for a delivery date and the response was a Refund Confirmation which included a deduction of $36.85 labeled as "Adjustment Fee". I called Wise Sales tonight just to confirm and was told "one more time" they had more generators arriving next week.
I quickly ended the call and contacted my credit card company. They will provide a full refund within 48 hours.

Besides wasting my time, I also lost out on the instant rebates Honda was offering which ended December 02.

If you paid with a credit card, I recommend contacting your card company immediately.
Good Luck!
Old 12-29-2014, 10:27 PM   #24
Rivet Master

2005 25' Safari
Salem , Oregon
Hi, sad to hear about your bad experiences with Wise Sales; I ordered my Yamaha 2400 from them through E-Bay and shipping was fast. Their E-Bay price was better than their online store price at the time. [this was few years back]

2005 Safari 25-B
"Le Petit Chateau Argent"
[ Small Silver Castle ]
2000 Navigator / 2014 F-150 Eco-Boost / Equal-i-zer / P-3
YAMAHA 2400 / AIR #12144
ROBERTSUNRUS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2014, 07:38 AM   #25
Rivet Master

2007 30' Classic
Oswego , Illinois
My experience with Wise was fine. At the time of purchase, the internet price was $1900 for the pair with free shipping. Since I live in Illinois (about 30 miles from Wise), I would have to pay sales tax, but would get free shipping. I called and explained this and asked, if I drive up and bring cash money - no shipping cost to Wise- would you load in my truck for $1900, tax included? They said absolutely, and the transaction went off without a hitch.

"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy." - Red Green
dznf0g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2014, 08:49 AM   #26
Rivet Master

2008 25' Classic
Wichita Falls , Texas
Most local Honda Power dealers are selling these at the same price as online but you have to pay sales tax. Might be worth the extra $60 to $80 for the 2000 to get it locally. I bet they might even fill the oil tank and maybe even give you the first tank of gas to test it out.

Kelvin
Old 12-30-2014, 01:44 PM   #27
retired USA/USAF

2001 30' Excella
Somerset , New Jersey
I found a place in Delaware that will match the Camping World sale price and Delaware has no sales tax. I'm leaning towards the EU3000 Handi but will check them out when I'm down there in a few days. It is my understanding that the modified cap will NOT work with the Handi since there is no internal fuel pump like the others have.

Winston Churchill 1948

TAC - NJ 18

Old 01-02-2015, 06:09 PM   #28
retired USA/USAF

2001 30' Excella
Somerset , New Jersey
Well I sprung for it today. Went for the Honda 3000 Handi. I wanted the 3000w and not the weight of the other model. I really didn't care about the electric start so I think it will serve my needs. We'll see in a few weeks.

Appreciate all the comments. Thanks all.

Winston Churchill 1948

TAC - NJ 18